Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! XLR Driver Side Tail light NEEDED and Back Panel Interior Trim (Ebony color)

Tyler 05

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR - Dark Red - 30k Miles
My 05' XLR was hit yesterday and sustained some pretty bad damage to the rear. The impact was significant to the driver side rear.

Of course when I talked to Geico they said they can't find any of the parts. As you all know as XLR owners I will not accept this lightly. So I'm on the search for parts to fix my lady (she's red by the way - the darker red).

I connected with Dale on here to purchase the majority of the parts but I am missing some key ones. NEED A DRIVER SIDE TAIL LIGHT. And they have to remove the INSIDE BACK PANEL TRIM (it's EBONY color) to fix the car. So I need a replacement of the same color. I may also need the name plates for the V-8 Northstar and XLR.

I'll know more once I go over to the dealer for a full run down but PLEASE let me know if you have any of these parts. Or any suggestions at
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I admire you for not just going off on the lack of availability of parts, but being determined to find some.

I think the XLR/Northstar badging should be pretty easy to find; we bought some a while back with no problems. Check gmpartsdirect.com & similar sites.

The tail light is a toughie. I didn't run across any on eBay. Maybe one of the LED repair shops has an extra? And from what I've seen on here, if you are able to buy a salvage car for the tail light & part out the rest on here, you'd probably do well.

Push your dealer to find some parts. I clued mine in on some head lights a while back & they'd already found multiple sets on their own (they are a really good dealer!).

BACK PANEL NEEDED

I THINK I MAY HAVE JUST WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR....THE BACK PANEL ANYWAY. I'm re-doing the interior of my finance's car to Shale and it's Black now. I'll be taking out the whole interior and I happen to be selling everything I'm replacing.
Let me know if you're still looking...

my personal email is: rivieman5215@gmail.com

my home number is: 727-784-8284
my cell number is: 727-688-8739

Hope I can help...

Regards,

Sal

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!