Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Tail lights solution!

Look nice. I don't see anything about the side marker lights as they are required by law in almost all states. Also clear coat looks good but that will not keep them from cracking and getting moisture in them. It may help for a short period but clear does not expand and contract at the same rate as plastic.

Look nice. I don't see anything about the side marker lights as they are required by law in almost all states. Also clear coat looks good but that will not keep them from cracking and getting moisture in them. It may help for a short period but clear does not expand and contract at the same rate as plastic.
Well... Thank you for that insightful informative.

Thats about the same price that a repairer on here does them for and he has been doing them for many years with great sucess.always good to see more people interested in helping but since travis repair last and does not require any cutting or splicing, or extra wiring, I will watch to see how others feel about this repair once its been done. Leds have never been the problem . the guy from canada did his for 25$ the replacement for broken outer lens is what's needed.

Thats about the same price that a repairer on here does them for and he has been doing them for many years with great sucess.always good to see more people interested in helping but since travis repair last and does not require any cutting or splicing, or extra wiring, I will watch to see how others feel about this repair once its been done. Leds have never been the problem . the guy from canada did his for 25$ the replacement for broken outer lens is what's needed.

What we have here Is a totally rebuilt light with today's advanced lighting technology!!! Point .... People are ditching factory lights that are working... For these! And all the newer vehicles come with these! So.. That being said... If you are going to spend the money on new lights...do you want the 2004 version or the 2022 version???
Secondly.... If you only need led's replaced. Then yes, its close to the same price as doing these upgrades! Note: upgrade is less❗❗ but also note: that's replacing led's only! If u need wiring or god forbid the board...well now your into 1 grand for fixing 1 light with 2004 tech! When you could have modified them both for the same price with today's tech! There is no comparison in quality and appearance! That's like comparing 2004 TV tech to today's TV screens!... Aha..No!!!

You are correct no!. Just wait to see what they do to the bcm. The computers on these cars are old but many so called upgrades can do damage so lets see how he fits all this in the space and what the result is. I will stick with what has been proven to work and work well now when you can supply the outer lens s you may have someting. Oh and my 2020 Cadillac uses the exact same bulbs as my 2008 xlr. As known, all the leds
need to be replaced when one goes out so I use broken 2020 lights to replace the bulbs. I only do them for myself and they work just fine. What about the side marker that will cause the car to fail inspection in many states? How is he dealing with that one?

Facts: They have been in the car for a week! They work! No bcm issues! They look 1000% better than original! Point: if you want to retain side marker with same upgraded lights... YOU CAN!
Proof:
First is original.
The rest are my modified and upgraded lights.
You decide!
Video of installed lights coming soon. We are installing a really nice trunk deck lighting bar currently. It will have turn signals, parking light and brake light as well!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220426-224740~2.png
    Screenshot_20220426-224740~2.png
    280.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot_20220426-224846~2.png
    Screenshot_20220426-224846~2.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot_20220426-225105~2.png
    Screenshot_20220426-225105~2.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_20220426-225114~2.png
    Screenshot_20220426-225114~2.png
    415.6 KB · Views: 157
I think a thousand % better may be an opinion.maybe some of the teenage owners will like them.I personally like the stock factory set up .

It was an opinion! Mine! Teenagers??? Tell that to all the little old ladies and gentlemen buying new cars! Cause this is what's on them! PS, I'm 56!!!

Good for you. You started this thread as a solution. There are at least 6 to 8 people who have done the same thing over the last 3 to 4 years. I have seen the same setup done 2 years ago and the guy in Texas charges about 400 to do them both. he also does sequential center brake light turn signal modification. He has leds fog lights and replaced the side headlight reflectors with leds. Looks like a circus truck on his you tube channel. Bulb replacement has not been a problem in long time. Make new lens and that will be a solution. Hope you do well with your project and i await input from all these customers you have done the swap out for.

Last edited:
This is just unbelievably funny to me! I've been in these forums for awhile now and everyone talks about these taillights and no one has ever mentioned what you just did! I'm on other forums and they are blowing up on this. I have searched for over a year now for upgraded lights! Never found anything but the normal replacement bs!
Now lets me make this clear... This is not a bulb replacement. This is and actual rebuild and complete strip replacement with today's much nicer lights!!! Here's the real benefit... You can take these to any custom lighting shop for any maintenance they might need!!! No more pulling out and mailing off!
Not to texas nor anywhere else... Just drop your car off, and pick your car up! Sound like normalcy to you?

Go for it and good luck. A Google search will show plenty of repairs for the lights . most all on here are well aware that sending them off and having one broken can be a pain. So if no need to ship them just buy your parts and have it repaired locally sounds good.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom