Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Euro spec rear lights...

b_pappy

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
I saw something (someplace) about European spec rear fog lights and got to thinking (just a little). Does anyone have a picture of Euro spec rear lights? Fog lights and taillights. It's a fairly common swap on C5 Corvettes and gives a bit of distinction, I personally prefer amber turn indicators to the rear, a bit more visibility over red.
Bruce

I saw something (someplace) about European spec rear fog lights and got to thinking (just a little). Does anyone have a picture of Euro spec rear lights? Fog lights and taillights. It's a fairly common swap on C5 Corvettes and gives a bit of distinction, I personally prefer amber turn indicators to the rear, a bit more visibility over red.
Bruce
Hi b pappy,

here you see the euro taillights on my XLR and STS V. The red bright fog light on back is requiered here in Germany but they only allowed to turn on when sight of fog is 50 yards or below.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/harrysxlr/Bild003.jpg

Hans

Thanks Hans. I was thinking they might have an amber turn indicators to the rear also. Probably not worth adding the rear fog lights here in sunny So Cal.
Bruce
Very nice cars by the way. I guess those are also personalized license plates? (KT OK 888 and KT XL 888)

Thanks Hans. I was thinking they might have an amber turn indicators to the rear also. Probably not worth adding the rear fog lights here in sunny So Cal.
Bruce
Very nice cars by the way. I guess those are also personalized license plates? (KT OK 888 and KT XL 888)
Bruce,
8 for an eight cylinder is allways good and so I did choose this numbers.

My daughter`s 06 GTO has the plate number KT GO 888:)

No, you don`t need the rear fog light, I did use the rear one 1 or two times in allmost 4 years.

Hans

Bruce

I knew our little German friend would be able to answer this--nice looking STS-V, Hans. Does the X feel slow after driving the STS-V?

I knew our little German friend would be able to answer this--nice looking STS-V, Hans. Does the X feel slow after driving the STS-V?
Sure your german friend will answer this:lol:

Cubby, from 0-60 there`s not a too big difference, my X does it in about 5.5 sec while my V does it in about 4.5 sec.
The big difference comes like from 60 to 120 or up allways to 180mph. BMW M3, Audi S8 (V10 45o hp) Mercedes S 500 cant hold up with my V - I`ve checked this out many times on the Autobahn.
I love my american machines:patriot:

Hans

CTS-V

Hi b pappy,

here you see the euro taillights on my XLR and STS V. The red bright fog light on back is requiered here in Germany but they only allowed to turn on when sight of fog is 50 yards or below.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/harrysxlr/Bild003.jpg

Hans

Hi Hans, Long time no hear. I just bought a Euro CTS-V (2013) and am picking it up in Germany next week. Are you anywhere near Frankfurt on the 13th of November? I am picking it up at the dealer and driving it to Rome where it will join its 2008 STS-V and 2009 XLR (and Escalade). Anyway let me know.

Best,

Mark

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry