Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show Us Your XLR

Hi! Rob, what's the secret to getting my photos to load? Everytime I upload a photo to the post I get the error message saying it "failed."

"Tikiman100"
Greg

That’s why I loaded Tapatalk App on my iPhone a few years ago.... it’s so simple to add photo! [emoji6]

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

b0030ce66788e2b49c73a2c641351e15.jpg

37fc6d8aedd67f4bbf2d514e52c41569.png

ca8c510f09f1268ff21b0a57637af2e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XLR's are for Cruising!

Went for a real nice drive the other day. Hubby Steve & I love to hop in one of our fun/classic cars and go somewhere for lunch..... but the somewhere is almost always a long way away. This time we left our place, avoiding the highways and meandered our way across south central Ontario to Goderich which is on the shore of Lake Huron (our home is 10 miles away from the shore of Lake Ontario). Goderich is a pretty town with the Courthouse Park in the center of the town with the roads splaying out like spokes on a wagon wheel from that. Many of you know if you Google Map a destination you can click the 'nearby' tag and ask for restaurants: which is what I did to find West Street Willy's Eatery (4.5 stars out of 5 - great food at a good price) - which after choosing that as our destination I discovered that this place was featured on 'You Gotta Eat Here' which is a Canadian TV show similar to Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives'. I should have taken the photo from the other side as the restaurant was behind me. Steve had been driving at this point.
20180731_133505.jpg
Anyways, had a great drive, stopped at the West Montrose Covered Bridge where we have stopped many times in the past in different vehicles, but the first time (I believe) in the XLR. Steve hopped out and took these photos while I waited patiently: Hoping that someone did not suddenly drive up and want me to move!
20180731_113744_001 (3).jpg20180731_113734 (3).jpg
Also snapped a pic of a Car dealer/tire shop in Stratford, Ontario (home of the Stratford Shakespearean Festival and Justin Beiber: but don't hold that against me) where they stacked tires and painted them up like Minions. (I was driving so that is the best photo I got...lol)
20180802_174622.jpg
A wonderful day of driving: round trip was around 250 miles (400 klms), Awesome: just what XLR's are designed for!
:burnout::burnout:

Last edited:
Black wheels

Black car, black wheels, nearly murdered out :) Really looks Baaaadd....you know it that gooood way. Nice car!
0125425d47ed4c7fe54e0cfef50165f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Went for a real nice drive the other day. Hubby Steve & I love to hop in one of our fun/classic cars and go somewhere for lunch..... but the somewhere is almost always a long way away. This time we left our place, avoiding the highways and meandered our way across south central Ontario to Goderich which is on the shore of Lake Huron (our home is 10 miles away from the shore of Lake Ontario). Goderich is a pretty town with the Courthouse Park in the center of the town with the roads splaying out like spokes on a wagon wheel from that. Many of you know if you Google Map a destination you can click the 'nearby' tag and ask for restaurants: which is what I did to find West Street Willy's Eatery (4.5 stars out of 5 - great food at a good price) - which after choosing that as our destination I discovered that this place was featured on 'You Gotta Eat Here' which is a Canadian TV show similar to Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives'. I should have taken the photo from the other side as the restaurant was behind me. Steve had been driving at this point.
View attachment 8203
Anyways, had a great drive, stopped at the West Montrose Covered Bridge where we have stopped many times in the past in different vehicles, but the first time (I believe) in the XLR. Steve hopped out and took these photos while I waited patiently: Hoping that someone did not suddenly drive up and want me to move!
View attachment 8202View attachment 8201
Also snapped a pic of a Car dealer/tire shop in Stratford, Ontario (home of the Stratford Shakespearean Festival and Justin Beiber: but don't hold that against me) where they stacked tires and painted them up like Minions. (I was driving so that is the best photo I got...lol)
View attachment 8204
A wonderful day of driving: round trip was around 250 miles (400 klms), Awesome: just what XLR's are designed for!
:burnout::burnout:

We just love them kind of drives too! Can’t wait for August 25th Chesapeake City Car Show it’s about a 2 1/2 hour drive down in Maryland. They close down the old town streets for the day to have the show in town on the streets. We get a room at a Bed & Breakfast right in town for 2 nights and make weekend getaway out it!
Awe and BTW...I don’t know if you know this, but Justin Beiber and his father are very dedicated Cadillac people. Ryan from West Coast Customs had rebuilt a brand new CTS-V for Justin the later he had a Escalade done for his father!
ab334d1b9510b00d576e262b4dfac0e5.png

a6f528c5ee228bd33c31be6c7245464c.png

Last edited:
06 Xenon Blue w/Cahsmere & Slate interior

Just put on 19x8.5 wheels with 255/35's up front & 20x10 with 285/30's in the rear & a wicked sounding custom exhaust for starters...IMG_20180724_151557_818.jpg20180723_003612.jpg20180723_003320.jpg

Just put on 19x8.5 wheels with 255/35's up front & 20x10 with 285/30's in the rear & a wicked sounding custom exhaust for starters...View attachment 8212

Beautiful...... but you got blue nuts. Must be a circulation problem......:laugh::laugh::laugh:... I kill me....:)

New Member, 2006 XLR, silver - question

hello everyone, I have a question, how do I get a repair manual?

So excited to be on this forum!

I finally got my XLR

LGJ

Great looking wheels! What kind of offset did you have to do in the back to keep the wheels inside the fenders? I’ve only been able to run 20x9 wheels with 255/30/20 tires on my rear so far. Running the same in front as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello everyone, I have a question, how do I get a repair manual?

So excited to be on this forum!

I finally got my XLR

LGJ

WELCOME & Congrats on you your new to you XLR ride! Are you ready for a road trip? Do you know about the 15 Year Homecoming in Bowling Green Ky. It’s only about 4 weeks away. Here’s the information link if interested.
Bowling Green Reunion - 15 Years - Cadillac XLR Forum - Cadillac XLR and Cadillac XLR-V Forums | Blog

Last edited:
GONZO2LR

Time to make the pilgrimage to the home of the XLR in Bowling Green, Ky for the XLR reunion. The 1st reunion was at the 10 year point in 2013 and this one in 2018. Not many reunions. They also manufacture another auto in BG but for the life of me, I can't remember the make. :lol: There should be over 30 XLRs if not more but more importantly, great owners willing to meet you. From Ft Worth it BG, Ky is approximately a 11 hour drive. But driving an XLR you should shave off at least 5 hours. :lol: Little less than 4 weeks away (Sep 25-29). Plenty of hotels rooms and see you there. Welcome aboard perhaps.

Last edited:
XLR Reunion

Where are the exact plans for the reunion? Which are popular hotel choices? Will there be a factory tour? Please feel free to reach out to me
jckcpa@msn.com 312-513-1940, John Kontos.

I will aim to clear my schedule to attend.

Time to make the pilgrimage to the home of the XLR in Bowling Green, Ky for the XLR reunion. The 1st reunion was at the 10 year point in 2013 and this one in 2018. Not many reunions. They also manufacture another auto in BG but for the life of me, I can't remember the make. :lol: There should be over 30 XLRs if not more but more importantly, great owners willing to meet you. From Ft Worth it BG, Ky is approximately a 11 hour drive. But driving an XLR you should shave off at least 5 hours. :lol: Little less than 4 weeks away (Sep 25-29). Plenty of hotels rooms and see you there. Welcome aboard perhaps.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom