Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show Us Your XLR

Condition of my XLR

There is no way an '09 XLR was sold for $5,000.00!!! And graytoad, you are correct. That is not a V. I'm thinking he is missing a zero in his price. He doesn't list mileage or any of the problems with the car, so it's hard to tell if he got a good deal or not.
My XLR is a local one owner,who is a local attonery who took excellent car of his vehicles. My XLR is in near perfect condition,only two small blemishes on the roof caused when it was stowed in trunk,back side of chrome wheeles have some peeling but front sides near perfect.,very little wear in the interrior,no rips,tears or stains,only slight wear on drivers seat on the lower outside edge. Has brand new BF Goodrich tires,no leaks from motor,runs awesome,good solid motor. There are a few quirks that im working on but nothing major. She has 150,000 miles but you would never no it by looking or driving it.Paint shines like a diamond in a goats a#€, Gets tons of attention. The more i drive it the more i realize i stole it. As of now i have less than $12,000 in it but wouldnt take less than $25,000 for it. I love this car,especially whith the top down. I hope ive cleared up any confusion there might have been.

My XLR is a local one owner,who is a local attonery who took excellent car of his vehicles. My XLR is in near perfect condition,only two small blemishes on the roof caused when it was stowed in trunk,back side of chrome wheeles have some peeling but front sides near perfect.,very little wear in the interrior,no rips,tears or stains,only slight wear on drivers seat on the lower outside edge. Has brand new BF Goodrich tires,no leaks from motor,runs awesome,good solid motor. There are a few quirks that im working on but nothing major. She has 150,000 miles but you would never no it by looking or driving it.Paint shines like a diamond in a goats a#€, Gets tons of attention. The more i drive it the more i realize i stole it. As of now i have less than $12,000 in it but wouldnt take less than $25,000 for it. I love this car,especially whith the top down. I hope ive cleared up any confusion there might have been.

Yes in regards to the drivers seat. Mine was showing wear and discolored a little. I finally bit the bullet a year or so ago. I went to Sargents upholstery in jax fl. They did a good job with the seat. But then when they put the seat back in they hid the seat belt connector. So they had to take it back out and that’s when they marked up the dash. It’s a little mark lower left side of the steering wheel. Not really noticeable now but was earlier before they repaired it. They also scratched the rocker panel. So they repaired what they did then I took it to my collision place and had the rocker panel repainted. They paid to have it done. But all in all the headache of having what seamed like maybe a 3 hr job took 2 1/2 Days to redo this problem. But now the only problem I have is a little wear on the left side of the steering wheel. This is where I have my hand most of the time. But trying to put my hand on the wood now instead of that area. I know these parts are hard to come by but wood hate to have the steering wheel replaced just for this little wear mark. I might ask my dealerships parts guy if they do a rewrap on the leather. Because I’ve had a leather guy dye some problem areas. But that is really just a bandaid and wears off after awhile. I also have a blemish on the right corner panel but that’s kinda my fault. I had stacked some boxes and then someone put a bucket on top of those buckets. The weight of the boxes shifted and the bucket made a little scratch on the side of the car. Sorry for going on and on. Yes these cars of ours are conversation pieces. Everywhere I go I’ve seen peoples heads to a 180. The cars are so much fun to drive especially when the top is down. It gives u a rush of excitement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Playing around with some Christmas colleges on photo apps.
9a65f19e6ff46187e7f94f4a1dadc103.jpg

Happy Holidays! Happy New Year!

Happy Holidays XLR Members and Happy New Year!

Keep your XLRs clean and waxed at all times.

Stay thirsty.

And.........may the Force....

may the Force

be with you

(my friends).

Attachments

• IMG_20170508_114128.jpg
    IMG_20170508_114128.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_20170508_111744.jpg
    IMG_20170508_111744.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_20170508_111430.jpg
    IMG_20170508_111430.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_20170508_111450.jpg
    IMG_20170508_111450.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_20170508_111357.jpg
    IMG_20170508_111357.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_20170508_111404.jpg
    IMG_20170508_111404.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 367
Nice

While on vacation keeping an eye on my car. Neighbor said it was nice topdown weather the other day. Sure miss driving the car
67d22cb1072494c1b697fe8ebc50c529.jpg

2008 XLR-V

My girl has had a few upgrades -D3 long tube headers, bigger intercooler with electric fans, bigger intercooler pump, pulley upgrade, larger supercharger coolant resivour, 2 stage air intake, lambo door hinges, Wilwood Big brake kit, 18mm wheel spacers, exhaust cut outs, ported supercharger.

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 571
  • DSC_0023.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 628
  • DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC_0020.jpg
    DSC_0020.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 388
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 403
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 405
Arctic White - show stopper

attachment.php

attachment.php

^ > Awesome :thumbsup

Only the second white XLR I've seen,,,,one here in AZ. While I never was a big fan of white, its totally
stunning on a XLR,, imo

Happy New Year My Friends!

The XLR will be a big collector. Let's work to keep them up to the highest standards.

Happy New Years and let's keep the pride going for these fantastic cars!

Attachments

• IMG_20170508_111744.jpg
    IMG_20170508_111744.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 367
Keep these cars in Tip Top Shape. Don't sell yourselves short. Coming from a British Car Owner these are worth preserving.

Hang on to your XLRs! Keep them in tip-top shape.

There are no other cars in this league. What do you compare them
to?

Trust me, I am a British Car Collector Owner. They are very underestimated
works of Art.

That is money spend well.

Well, I jumped off the deep end today. I bought a set of Asanti 20" wheels (AF 134). And Nitto NT555 tires. The Asanti's will be two toned. Ten spoked with the face machined cut, and the sides if the spoke, and the rivet ring black. The lip chrome. The hard part is, It will take 4 weeks to build them. :rolleyes:

That is an Investment you will not regret!

Happy New Year!

The XLR will be a big collector. Let's work to keep them up to the highest standards.

Happy New Years and let's keep the pride going for these fantastic cars!

Yeah I know what you mean about sitting in with collector cars! This where my XLR spend her winter down time [emoji23]
6b7e4b1f36027c291e713bb405727ad6.jpg

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

What will they bring at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale?

Hang on to your XLRs! Keep them in tip-top shape.

There are no other cars in this league. What do you compare them
to?

Trust me, I am a British Car Collector Owner. They are very underestimated
works of Art.

I hope you are right,,,,we shall see how strong they are right now in 2/3 weeks when three XLR's go through Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale :blinzel:

Here are three to watch as they go across the stage ring in Scottsdale:

Lot 392 - 2006 CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE
Wednesday - January 17, 2018
No Reserve Scottsdale 2018

2006 CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE - 212882

Lot 527 - 2007 CADILLAC XLR-V CONVERTIBLE

2007 CADILLAC XLR-V CONVERTIBLE - 211049

Lot 1598 - 2008 CADILLAC XLR-V CONVERTIBLE
Sunday - January 21, 2018

2008 CADILLAC XLR-V CONVERTIBLE - 215864

:wave:

This will be interesting for sure. I've been following price levels on these cars for a couple of years. Its seems from my view that the V price floors are close, or that the floor may have been reached for low mileage cars in excellent condition. Maybe this is wishful thinking as I just bought one...LOL
I have only really followed the V pricing. A strong showing for the two V's in the BJ auction may add weight to this observation. But, in an auction it only takes two guys (or gals) who really want a car to drive bidding to levels not indicative of the broader market. For separate reasons, I expect strong prices on both the V's; rarity of the Blue, and extremely low mileage of the White.

I hope you are right,,,,we shall see how strong they are right now in 2/3 weeks when three XLR's go through Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale :blinzel:

Here are three to watch as they go across the stage ring in Scottsdale:

Lot 392 - 2006 CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE

2006 CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE - 212882

Lot 527 - 2007 CADILLAC XLR-V CONVERTIBLE

2007 CADILLAC XLR-V CONVERTIBLE - 211049

Lot 1598 - 2008 CADILLAC XLR-V CONVERTIBLE
Sunday - January 21, 2018

2008 CADILLAC XLR-V CONVERTIBLE - 215864

:wave:

Any explanation about missing XLR?

Lot 1598 never made it to the auction block. I wonder what happened??:dunno:

This will be interesting for sure. I've been following price levels on these cars for a couple of years. Its seems from my view that the V price floors are close, or that the floor may have been reached for low mileage cars in excellent condition. Maybe this is wishful thinking as I just bought one...LOL
I have only really followed the V pricing. A strong showing for the two V's in the BJ auction may add weight to this observation. But, in an auction it only takes two guys (or gals) who really want a car to drive bidding to levels not indicative of the broader market. For separate reasons, I expect strong prices on both the V's; rarity of the Blue, and extremely low mileage of the White.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom