Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

LOOKING TO BUY 2009 XLR-V

A red '09 V just sold at a Subaru dealership in Tucson last week. It was a STEAL at $33,000 asking. Had under 20k miles if memory serves me. I sent an inquiry to the dealership about it, but it sold - as it should have - in about 2 days. Good luck, the '09 is a rare car.

I was lucky enough to snag that one, It has 28k miles,,, still waiting to get it delivered. I'll keep an eye out for another one for you !

Nice! I saw that car pop up, and I thought, "That price has to be wrong!" Red isn't really my color, so I wouldn't have moved on it, but from a financial standpoint, that car car was probably $10-15k under true market value depending on how much haggling you did. Good buy!

I was lucky enough to snag that one, It has 28k miles,,, still waiting to get it delivered. I'll keep an eye out for another one for you !

A 2007 V sold at Barrett Jackson this year in Scottsdale for $74,800 with 40k miles !

Nice! I saw that car pop up, and I thought, "That price has to be wrong!" Red isn't really my color, so I wouldn't have moved on it, but from a financial standpoint, that car car was probably $10-15k under true market value depending on how much haggling you did. Good buy!

Didn't do much haggling at all, I am used to the used car salesman jibberish, but this guy said he had 3 calls on the car the morning that I called (they listed it the day before), ....I had others slip through my fingers, so I wasn't going to let a couple hundred bucks cause me to miss this one, So I sent a deposit within minutes. He emailed the next day to say that in his 12 years in the business, he had never seen a reaction like that to a car, since my deposit, he said 12 people had called from all parts of the country looking to buy.

I think the reason for that is having multiple competing parties who got hyped up on it some reason and went into an ego-war with each other. Never seen another V sell for anything remotely close to that value. In fact, I have not seen a single XLR leave the market (i.e. be sold) for more than $55k in the past 6 months. I've been tracking all listings I can find from the various websites and auctions. Not saying the long-term values of these cars won't go up, but right now there are many excellent cars for sale at good values.

A 2007 V sold at Barrett Jackson this year in Scottsdale for $74,800 with 40k miles !

I think the reason for that is having multiple competing parties who got hyped up on it some reason and went into an ego-war with each other. Never seen another V sell for anything remotely close to that value. In fact, I have not seen a single XLR leave the market (i.e. be sold) for more than $55k in the past 6 months. I've been tracking all listings I can find from the various websites and auctions. Not saying the long-term values of these cars won't go up, but right now there are many excellent cars for sale at good values.

I agree with you, that sometimes happens at an auction

This is how auctions make mega bucks - off people with more ego than dollars....or both! :)

I agree with you, that sometimes happens at an auction

I think people at the auction just do a quick search and see what cars are listed for then jump on them. Listed cars I have watched never sell for anywhere near their asking. I have seen some good deals but a09 v seems to be about as high as you can get in value if the mileage is good.

I would assume most tech-savvy buyers would do this. However, I have only seen one XLR-V listed for more than the gavel price at B-J Scottsdale - which was somewhere around $67K. This particular gentleman was asking something north of $80k, but I have seen the same vehicle pop-up from time at various prices - $80k+ all the way down to $55k. It's not surprising this vehicle has not been sold in almost a year.

I think people at the auction just do a quick search and see what cars are listed for then jump on them. Listed cars I have watched never sell for anywhere near their asking. I have seen some good deals but a09 v seems to be about as high as you can get in value if the mileage is good.

I would assume most tech-savvy buyers would do this. However, I have only seen one XLR-V listed for more than the gavel price at B-J Scottsdale - which was somewhere around $67K. This particular gentleman was asking something north of $80k, but I have seen the same vehicle pop-up from time at various prices - $80k+ all the way down to $55k. It's not surprising this vehicle has not been sold in almost a year.
I have 06 V 8,3000 miles 2nd owner 6 years garaged always 4 sale southern cal.....silver over black.. site member 5 years....

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

I am looking for a low mileage 2009 XLR-V.

Although I live on the West Coast, I have no problem buying a clean CarFax vehicle and transporting!

All replies are welcome.

Thanks,

Ron Lydick
818-674-2096
06 xlr-v silver over black under 8300 Mi been a member of this site for years silver over black always garage and service by Cadillac Southern California car right price right money just saying Money Talks there's many cars but this is truly exceptional you get what you pay for I'm the second owner in my garage for The Last 5 Years clean title chew on that

A red '09 V just sold at a Subaru dealership in Tucson last week. It was a STEAL at $33,000 asking. Had under 20k miles if memory serves me. I sent an inquiry to the dealership about it, but it sold - as it should have - in about 2 days. Good luck, the '09 is a rare car.
The car had Gremlins case closed no one would sell an 09 V under 20,000 for that price buyer beware

The car had Gremlins case closed no one would sell an 09 V under 20,000 for that price buyer beware

Please explain if you know something......I am the buyer, and have bought many many cars over the last 35 years.....First, the car has 28k miles (not under 20k), second, it is a 1 owner car, with no paintwork and a clean carfax, third, it was sold with a warranty......fourth, it is being sold by a dealer, not a collector, Dealers deal much differently than collectors, the car was traded in on a new Outback, if a dealer can make a few bucks and sell a unit in 24 hours (which IS what occurred), they will do it, (unlike a collector who can hold for top dollar).

Let me know what "Gremlins" you are referring to, however, if you are trying to just maximize your asking price by indicating my car can't be what it is for the price I bought it for, then I understand your strategy.........even though I wouldn't do it.

For the price paid, a buyer would still come out ahead with anything under $10k in "gremlins". I have not seen this car that HOF purchased, but I inquired about it with the dealer to make sure it was a legit listing. It was, and it sold within 2 days - as it should have.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back