Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

What has coronavirus made as expensive or rare as XLR headlights & taillights?

XLRATING

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)
Thought I’d start this thread for entertainment, for your serious, funny, or informative comments.

Biggest one I can think of is toilet paper. It seems to be as unobtainable as a multitude of XLR parts.

Also on the list is any form of ramen noodles, also unobtainable - and one of the strangest shortages I can think of. Not at all on my list of things to hoard.

Rubbing alcohol is available, but at headlight/taillight type cost.

All of this is in my area, maybe others are flush with toilet paper (no pun intended) & ramen. How about you guys?

funny thing. I found myself wiping up a little spill wit hone of my really nice bat towels because I did not want to waste the T.P. I have not run across anything In my area that is outrageous in price but I have seen a lot of places out of things you would never suspect. I am not a picky eater and the local little grocery store always have some weight watchers or jimmy dean premade meals for 1.00-1.59 .Lately they have been 2.00 -2.50 still a good price. The owner is not marking them up. he has about a 10-15% markup on what this cost is so he is having to pay more to get things. I did see a roll of TP at the advance store for 3.99 for one roll. The guy said it was shop grade .HAHA ( you know as soft as notebook paper)

A driver's license.... The SBA loan the government promised.....non-chinese toilet paper...… sex

I have a friend In South Carolina that owns a land fill. Not a garbage but he digs out special sand for high strength concrete then fills the hole with building materials etc. There is always a semi truck there loaded with paper goods. Toilet paper, towels ,diapers, wipes everything this company makes .they are mislabeled damaged what ever. he buries them but always give me a few packs .The company does not care as long as they are not sold. he said he used to get two semis a week full now its one every two weeks. Mostly items that have got run over or wet now. I still don't get he run on TP. haha

I Don't Have a Square to Spare!

... I still don't get he run on TP. haha

I do believe it's a psychological issue. There was some news story about it up this way and it went something like... because people see the shelves empty of toilet paper (it's big, it's bulky, you can't put that much on the limited shelf space versus other goods), they think it must be all gone, so they have to possess some themselves. Then it went on to say that the stores always had plenty in the warehouse so no shortages or price hiking happening here at all. :thumbsup

:lol:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back