Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Battery

CRRHGR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR Black with Shale.
New to XLR. Battery compartment seems very small for the electric demand of this car. What battery do most recommend for replacement ? Your advice will be appreciated. Thank you CCR HGR Hugh

most any quality battery with proper cca will be ok. What kills them is not using the car. If you dont drive it every week get a battery tender for it. The car has items that never rest and will drain the battery if not used often.

Thanks mickey....what about the Odyssey that I hear so much about ? It seems like a small space...is it for a regular battery ? Hugh

Also if you park your XLR or any vehicle in a locked garage dont set the alarm as it draws current all the time. On the XLR exit the vehicle and double click the unlock FOB button. and of course use a tender. Works for me.

WOW good point. I got it. Just went into my garage and did exactly what you suggested. I do have a tender on at all times. Thank you. Hugh

I ran optimas for a long time and never had a failure on our off-road trucks. But I stopped that several years ago and now hear they are not the battery they used to be . I have several friends with the Odessey and they all seem to like them. Thats what I would try if I needed one. Maybe someone else who has one will let us know

I'm running with an Odyssey Battery 75-86-705 Group Size 75DT 708 CCA..
PHCA 1100CCA 708HCA 875MCA 760
On the high side price wise, but Baby Blue is worth it...

Last edited:
Thank you. Will look into this as Black Beauty is certainly worth it. Hugh
They all deserve it brother. FYI, I've been dealing with a parasite draw for the past two months. Found two things. First. the center console light switch was not depressed enough to turn off the light. So I added more padding to depress the switch, Then the interior light, from the rear view mirror; would not time out. Pulled the fuse and it took care of the issue but gotta put her in the shop to let them figure out the problem. As of 2 Jan, no battery power problems. So far.....

Walmart battery cheap and it has worked without fail . Never use a tender

1641645037091.png

Thank you for input. Don't you love the Black with Shale ? Up here in Canada we are at -25 today...wish I was in Jensen Beach.

Thank you for input. Don't you love the Black with Shale ? Up here in Canada we are at -25 today...wish I was in Jensen Beach.
-25?????? Holy crap. I use too fly GM techs to Kapuskasing for cold weather vehicle research. We would pray that the Aux Power Unit would start for heat and coffee....

Just Yesterday Was Going To Drive My XLR To Charge Battery. Guess What Too Late. Has Sat For Probably A Month. On The Market For A New Battery Now. Have A Tender Will Start Using Once New Battery Is Installed

battery=xlr=battery. Battery is focal point of any XLR it seems. Let us know what battery you zero in on. Thanks Hugh

What Should I Be Looking For?
Here's an observation.
I'm running with an Odyssey Battery 75-86-705 Group Size 75DT CCA 708.
PHCA 1100CCA 708HCA 875MCA 760
On the high side price wise.

I pulled the AC Delco Pro 650 CCA RC 95 and set it on my bench outside. I live in an apartment, so my work bench is outside on my patio.. Living in Atlanta, the temps are running 30 to 60F. I've recharged it and checked the voltage regularly. I was trying to determine if there was a bad cell and apparently not because it's been showing 12.3 volts for a week n a half. No draw mind you. So, my point in this is as long as you have a battery tender and nothing causing a parasite draw, you may be able to continue to use your present battery. Just a thought...

I am too new to this XLR world to advise on what to look for or to advise on which battery is best. It looks like the Odyssey could be the winner but perhaps further opinions will follow. thanks to all Hugh

New to XLR. Battery compartment seems very small for the electric demand of this car. What battery do most recommend for replacement ? Your advice will be appreciated. Thank you CCR HGR Hugh
Our Cadillac dealer installed for me a Delco 559 C C in the 2009 XLR. I like to purchase the battery from a Cadillac dealer due to warranty on the battery so if a cell goes bad etc they will stand behind it. I do though have a Griot Garage Battery Maintainer on the battery, during the winter months for being idle for the next four months in the garage,. This is the way to go. It will sense a needed charge if the battery goes low at a certain level. Plug it in and walk away. Its great.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom