Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Battery Tender

Battery tenders are usually 2-3 amps i use a 2A on all my vehicles and my oldest battery is 6 years old and has good health, my personal best longevity was my 2001 Corvette of 8 years 7 months.

Battery tenders are usually 2-3 amps i use a 2A on all my vehicles and my oldest battery is 6 years old and has good health, my personal best longevity was my 2001 Corvette of 8 years 7 months.
Thank you for the info. I picked up a 3amp for it and just needed some reassurance.

I have a 09 XLR & keep a charger on it. I has been on it for almost 6 1/2 yrs. Still good. Also a 03 TBird too with a charger on it too. 10 yrs on it. No problems with either. Purchased charger from Harbor freight. Take it off & drive , when I come back I put it back on & in the garage they go.

Dont use a charger to maintain a battery as it charges at a much higher rate than a battery tender and will not shutoff when fully charged and keep it monitored at correct level.
Battery chargers left un attended for longer intervals have caused battery fires, tenders have not.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom