Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trunk Release question

jts442

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Cadillac XLR - Base
Hello all, I have a quick question regarding the trunk release. Does anyone know if the trunk release button on the dash is also supposed to close the trunk? I find it weird that you can only close the trunk with the button on the lid itself or the keyfob. I checked the manual and it does not offer anything other than opening the trunk with the dash button. Has anyone noticed this or is mine an exception with an issue? Not a big deal, just curious.

The dash button on my 2007 only opens the trunk, my key fob will not close it, only the button on the trunk lid. I didn't check it but maybe the power top button would close it if the ignition was on.

Interesting, maybe they are all like that, thanks for the reply justdennis

Hello all, I have a quick question regarding the trunk release. Does anyone know if the trunk release button on the dash is also supposed to close the trunk? I find it weird that you can only close the trunk with the button on the lid itself or the keyfob. I checked the manual and it does not offer anything other than opening the trunk with the dash button. Has anyone noticed this or is mine an exception with an issue? Not a big deal, just curious.
That' a safety issue in case a person is still getting things out of the trunk and you don't see them! If you closed it with them still in there it might kill them!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom