Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 04 engine issues w 40k miles

nwjersey

My XLR/V(s)
neiman marcus # 69
just got the word from mechanic that my radiator need to be replaced . also cam shaft seal and crank seal leaking . also valve cover gasket is leaking . right height sensor and linkage were snapped . also last but not least all shock seals are leaking . ARE THESE COMMON PROBS ? is it better/cheaper to replace the seals while radiator is out and where can I get oem parts. or should I just go w aftermarket reasonably? thinkin radiator should be oem since car is in mint condition

Quote: ,,,,,car is in mint condition :confused:

Sounds far from it.... New Jersey pot holes took a toll on your car?

Since you purchased a car shield warranty, use it for everything they will cover, and replace anything else that needs attention now even at your expense.

OEM parts,,,, try GM dealer parts departments OR Rockauto.com

Did your mechanic recommend going with aftermarket parts?

Good luck,,

Sorry to yes....But Sounds familiar my had around 53 when I purchased her, just about on spot to today in March of 2011 and had some of the same issues [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thx ...she is mint . not achip or mark on her . shes only seen rain half dozen times.... radiator and power steering went within days of each other suspension prob is def due to a pothole im sure . but I felt no effect driving . wondered if it happened when just towed to shop ? . i must say carshield is payng out $.3600+im responsible for hoses, clamps etc. if I want oem I have to pay difference . I probably will on radiator and power steering pump for the gm look . typical gm timing …..40k miles poop happens..ive read that I should consider replacing cam shaft adjustors while its open . any thoughts ?? thanks folks for your help !!

sorry but cam shaft adjusters Hydro units are still back ordered. OEM radiator or ac/delco, maybe denso has one . I don't think any aftermarket unit has the power steering cooler lines In them if your car has it. You would see metal lines to both tanks if it does. I bought a 3 row aluminum vette unite that fit perfectly for 325. super cooling

Can only comment on radiator. I have an 04 and my research says that the radiator is a known problem. Replaced mine. Fairly easy. You can work around the A/C removal that the manual calls for.

04 and 05 have a problem with the tanks .They changed a bit in 06 . Now there is only one part number to cover all years and even the V takes the same radiator as its always been basiclly the same.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom