Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

06 Door switch replacement problem

TQP

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Blue XLR
The interior passenger side door switch physically broke recently so I bought a brand new one and removed the trim panel and replaced the switch with the new one. once I replaced it I tried the switch a couple of times to make sure it was working before putting the door back together and it worked as expected 3 or 4 times. However, once I got it all back together, it's intermittently not working. When the switch is pressed, the red light on the door panel lights up and the door does not actuate. no sound at all. Eventually, usually after I have turned the car completely off and restarted it, the switch will start working again. Anybody have any ideas what's going on here? Taking it apart and putting it back together isn't that hard. It's an aggravating job, and I'm willing to do it again if I must, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem with the new switch. Something with the security system maybe? But again, it works some of the time...?

The interior passenger side door switch physically broke recently so I bought a brand new one and removed the trim panel and replaced the switch with the new one. once I replaced it I tried the switch a couple of times to make sure it was working before putting the door back together and it worked as expected 3 or 4 times. However, once I got it all back together, it's intermittently not working. When the switch is pressed, the red light on the door panel lights up and the door does not actuate. no sound at all. Eventually, usually after I have turned the car completely off and restarted it, the switch will start working again. Anybody have any ideas what's going on here? Taking it apart and putting it back together isn't that hard. It's an aggravating job, and I'm willing to do it again if I must, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem with the new switch. Something with the security system maybe? But again, it works some of the time...?
Nobody has any idea about this? A little more information.

If I walk up to the car the passenger door will open from inside or outside and when it does the red light on the door will blink while the door is open. If I start the car and drive it even just little, when I stop the door won't open and the red light will illuminate continuously for about 4 seconds when the actuator is pressed. If I walk away from the car and come back in just a minute or two, the door starts working again from either inside or outside.

Alternatively, does anybody know a good xlr guy in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom