Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2004 vs2008 xlr

drive2fast

My XLR/V(s)
2007 xlrv black, 06 corvette vert, 70 amx black,08 xlr black
I know there were a few upgrades on the xlr each year like the headlights not metling the housing..Are there any other improvements making the 08 a better car than the 04 model if they are around the same price?

'04 has a five speed transmission...……………..the '08 has a six speed.

drive2fast

The 5 speeds gearbox have different ratios then the 6 speeds and mostly for having a better fuel mileage.

The last gear is an overdrive, the ones for the 6 speeds the last 2 speeds are also overdrives.

Basically they are a 4 speeds made in Strasbourg France.

I think that the 5 speeds is better some how in using to its best, the power and torque of the engine.

Cool

IAN

John.

Absolutely, however the dealers were improving them while on warranty, in updating it….. at least mine was.

The ones not showing up at the dealers could have had more problems and then ares perhaps the ones we ear more of the problems

Cool.

IAN:thumbsup

06+ have steerable headlights. I forget what they call this, adaptable lighting something.

Fireduck69.

GM call it ''steerable adaptive forward lighting''....it is a luxury feature and mostly for the driving on small roads at night.

Most of the roads are highways and for the secondary ones the ordinary lighting does the job well….is this a real need ?

I supposed you would like to know how the adaptive headlights works, find attached 3 drawings that explain it without any doubts.

Thanks.

IAN:thumbsup
Adaptive%20headlights[1].jpg!G-afs[1].jpg!G-image[1].jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry