Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2005 XLR would not start, low voltage

T

TomC

I jumped it. Now Drivers window will not close after opening the door. Passenger window works fine. Outside mirrors go down and have to be re-adjusted after starting. Windows auto up no longer works, etc.Took it to service station. Battery and electrical system is fine. There are no codes on the dash on. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Disconnect your battery for 15 minutes and then re - check all the functions you are having issues with. You will have to re - index your windows. If this is the original OEM battery from 2005, it may be time to consider a new battery. The slightest dip in charge will make our cars do weird things.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I jumped it. Now Drivers window will not close after opening the door. Passenger window works fine. Outside mirrors go down and have to be re-adjusted after starting. Windows auto up no longer works, etc.Took it to service station. Battery and electrical system is fine. There are no codes on the dash on. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?

If you haven't check battery condition do so with a load on it. Any time you disconnect the batt. your gonna have to re index your windows. Which entails you pressing the window switch up and hold for acouple seconds then do the same in the down position and your windows should be indexed. All you other memory should be held depending on how long the battery was disconnected. Good luck buy a battery tender to be safe.

Battery and a battery tender

Suggest you might replace your battery with either an Odyssey AGM or an Optima. There are threads here about both. There is a thread with pictures, model #s and other info concerning the installation of an Odyssey in my 2005.

If your XLR isn't driven frequently, the right battery tender can prevent lots of problems!

XLR Sensitve Electrical System

Tom , Unfortuntly the same thing happen to me ,but a little worse wife and I where out to dinner and the valet became traped after the battery went dead after turning car off.After getting the attendent out of the car it took him a little time to settle down (scared him,XLR air tight). The solution could be few things Im aware of 1.incorrect battery typ/size (dont hesitate to secound guess dealer,rare car) 2. disconnect battery for a few hours ,LEAVE WINDOW DOWN TO ACCESS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR KEY NOT KEY FOB, place both fobs in glove box to resink than reconnect wait 10min.and press and hold down window button for 2min.
every thing should now be back online.

also you may also exprience issues with the Alarm do to battery issue`s

Civilone

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry