Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2006 interior color question

Jaxrwild

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Light Platinum
71rX+IjpOjL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg
[h=1]ColorBond (156) GM Shale LVP Leather, Vinyl & Hard Plastic Refinisher Spray[/h][h=1]Spray[/h]Does anyone know if this matches the Shale on 2006 interior
Or do you know if a Sems color might match? Somewhere I thought I read the color number is 184?

has anyone directed you to the registry? you can look up your cars vin and a lot of them show the build sheet with paint code and options .go to the top under registry , pull down your year and enter the last 4 of the vin and if they have a record you can see a lot about your car I think 181 is shale/ebony but don't hold me to it.

Buick+Cadillac+Interior+Trim+Code
Buick and Cadillac, along with all other GM makes, have the interior color codes on the Service Parts Identification sticker. Most of the time you'll find it in the glove box, but it could also be on the driver side door pillar, OR in the spare tire well. The interior color code is in the bottom right of the sticker, but is also one of the RPO codes near the end of the list ending in the letter "I". Both of these can be helpful.

I can't find that sticker, what I did notice, what I never did before, the seats arm rest and waterfall is slightly different than the dash and door panels. Seats seem a bit more gray tone.
My arm rest has slight stain on it and want to spray it.
I totally restored my El Camino with the Sems products and it looks great.

sems is a good product. I think that sticker is either in the glove box or under one of the little storage bins in the trunk.

20191213_131300.jpg
I bought it at our local automotive paint store perfect match to my seats code 181

I too have an 06 with a shale interior. And even though my interior is in great shape I'd like to know how this works out for you for future reference. Thanks

I said it was perfect match it was in the garage slightly off in the sunlight. I am told by Sems that there color code for the 2006 XLR shale if 4942 but it has to be made. I have worked with this company in the past and they will make any Sems custom color and it always been a perfect match so I might try them again.Vinyl Pro 1935 Davis Lane Marietta Ya 30067
Phone 770-933-8299

Call "Seat Doctor. You can google him and see some seats that were done w/his product!." He has the dye for that! I have used it on my console and it came out PERFECTLY! Andy Richards, 815 570 9453. You just wipe on with a clean cloth, and it dries w/ no streaks!!

Last edited:
Call "Seat Doctor. You can google him and see some seats that were done w/his product!." He has the dye for that! I have used it on my console and it came out PERFECTLY! Andy Richards, 815 570 53. You just wipe on with a clean cloth, and it dries w/ no streaks!!
Is that is phone number or product number if phone it's missing a few numbers

Ok the Sem 15793 Shale is the perfect match sprayed again this time I shook it for about 15 minutes it may have been sitting for a while on a shelf
Before
received_2615935528689836.jpeg
received_1428139997309684.jpeg
After
20191219_171029.jpg
20191219_170925.jpg

Attachments

• 20191219_170933.jpg
    20191219_170933.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 257

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!