Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2008 Alpine White XLR for sale

D3

That would be correct sir, Many alterations done, most at D3 in Signal Hill, CA & Dyno tuned by off sight contractor used by D3 with changed shift points for maximum continuity. After head mechanic drove it, he came back shaking his head, which made my heart fall to my knees, and then said, "I don't use this word very often, but this car is wicked fast". If I every sold it, he would like first dibs on it. I have run just about everything out there including bikes from 0-60 from lights and she is still cherry after 8 years. I usually get a thumbs up except from BMW drivers that give me the finger. :laugh:If I entertained selling it I would want $63,000. The car is impeccable, garaged with 63,000 on it. Most where highway miles going to Rendezvous from #1 through #4, I guess I want $1,000 for every mile on it, so the price will be going up:chuckle I have all documents on work needed on it & that's just a handful of invoices. No major issues mechanically. fingers crossed here. Car fax shows 2 owners because I took my daughter off the bill of sale two years ago.
Best pic of Foose rims.jpg IMG_0637.jpg

I'm guessing you have that 565 number documented somehow.[/QUOTE]

That would be correct sir, Many alterations done, most at D3 in Signal Hill, CA & Dyno tuned by off sight contractor used by D3 with changed shift points for maximum continuity. After head mechanic drove it, he came back shaking his head, which made my heart fall to my knees, and then said, "I don't use this word very often, but this car is wicked fast". If I every sold it, he would like first dibs on it. I have run just about everything out there including bikes from 0-60 from lights and she is still cherry after 8 years. I usually get a thumbs up except from BMW drivers that give me the finger. :laugh:If I entertained selling it I would want $63,000. The car is impeccable, garaged with 63,000 on it. Most where highway miles going to Rendezvous from #1 through #4, I guess I want $1,000 for every mile on it, so the price will be going up:chuckle I have all documents on work needed on it & that's just a handful of invoices. No major issues mechanically. fingers crossed here. Car fax shows 2 owners because I took my daughter off the bill of sale two years ago.
View attachment 4493 View attachment 4494

I'm guessing you have that 565 number documented somehow.
[/QUOTE]

I would love to see that dyno curve. 565 RWHP is quite a number. How much boost are you now running?

Boost

Can't locate Dynamometer graphs done in 2008 & guess I will have to contact D3 Research to get copies for future sale & to answer your question. Do you know what factory boost is on the 06-V by chance?:blinzel:
I know there was 3 pages, flywheel torque, boost @6500 & another sheet?

I would love to see that dyno curve. 565 RWHP is quite a number. How much boost are you now running?[/QUOTE]

I can see having 565 flywheel horsepower. 565 rwhp will take a lot of work. Full exhaust, intake porting, supercharger porting or upgrade, under drive pulleys, etc. Maybe some headwork also.

I think even 565 at the crank (I'm guessing around 480 RWHP) would take considerable work. Overdrive pulley(s), Intake, exhaust, meth injection, additional SC cooling and tuning at least. Then pulling the engine to get it on the Dyno to get it on an engine dyno to actually measure it :) That is about 120 above stock or a 27% gain over stock.

D3 advertises their Noir edition at 500+HP. They don't specify Crank or Wheel. It has a lot in it to get there including headers, fan coolers on the SC, and Meth injection and more. Some magazine articles claim 600Hp (Crank) from a D3 with stage 3 mods which includes an "engine rebuild". I've never seen an actual dyno sheet on any of these.

D3 XLR-V Noir Edition

Stock boost is about 12psi.

Adding boost pressure to the LC3 4.4L DOHC VVT V8 | CaddyInfo – Cadillac Conversations Blog

"Snow Bird"

Well, for those of you with a preference for white, I have seen what may fill the bill for you. Red Noland Cadillac has an '08 Arctic White base XLR, with chrome rims and (I believe) shale interior, for sale. IT IS CHERRY! I couldn't find a scratch or flaw on it. I did test drive it and it was perfect; no noise or any bad habits. It only has just over 10,000 original miles on it, too. They're asking <$39K for it. I don't expect it to last long, 'cuz it is truly gorgeous. Rumor has it that someone in FL is breathing heavily over it.

I struggled between trading in "Daphne" for it, and balancing that temptation against the gain vs. $$$ issues. In the end, the money won out, so I elected to pass on getting that car. Hope I don't regret that decision. I drive my XLR almost every day, and this '08 really needs to go to someone like Amy, for tender care and feeding. :chuckle It's simply breath-taking.

The contact person for this car at Red Noland is Jeff Lewis. He spent a lot of time with my wife and me, and we did end up buying another SRX from him. The dealership number is 719-633-4633.

Rob, for the Registry, it's S/N 1217, originally delivered to the Santa Fe Caddy dealer, for use by his wife.

Let the phone calls begin!!! :blinzel:

Tim

I don't know about that. You left the Rocket Run much to early, Tim... look what we were fortunate enough to peruse in Bozeman yesterday:
The one and only factory painted White Diamond and the #002 of 101 Nieman Marcus edition. VERY COOL!!! I imagine they could be had for the right price...

I think even 565 at the crank (I'm guessing around 480 RWHP) would take considerable work. Overdrive pulley(s), Intake, exhaust, meth injection, additional SC cooling and tuning at least. Then pulling the engine to get it on the Dyno to get it on an engine dyno to actually measure it :) That is about 120 above stock or a 27% gain over stock.

D3 advertises their Noir edition at 500+HP. They don't specify Crank or Wheel. It has a lot in it to get there including headers, fan coolers on the SC, and Meth injection and more. Some magazine articles claim 600Hp (Crank) from a D3 with stage 3 mods which includes an "engine rebuild". I've never seen an actual dyno sheet on any of these.

Interestingly, D3 documentation is never available when asked, .... hmmmmm.

My challenge stands unanswered for the third year - race me, show me documentation from a sanction racing organization, or SHUT THE HELL UP! Actually, I did get my answer: D3 has removed all claims to creating the fastest or quickest XLR. My records are posted all over the internet without question.

Hey, standby-V, there are several LSR Venues not far from you, give it a go and post your timeslips. I'd love someone to beat my current numbers (I've still got a few tricks more up my sleeve).

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom