Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2008 XLR Keyfob in 2006 XLR-V

richardyoo

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Silver XLR-V
After learning that I needed all new keys and locks in addition to the new '08 remote, I eventually found a set on ebay and put them away for a project day...

Tonight I tried to program the '08 fob in my '06 XLR-V and I'm happy to say that it works fine.

Now I just have to replace the lock cylinder in the glove box and the bumper... frankly, I'm not looking forward to removing the rear bumper cover, but hopefully it won't be much of a big deal... :)

IMG_6783.jpg

Let us know how it goes Richard. I also like the newer fobs with the integrated key--the wifes new SHO's fob has the key inside as well.:)

The new FOBs are nicer, although they are a bit more fragile, they tend to break at the top where the key inserts. One more thing, I got them with my Vette, the buttons are easier depressed. When it's in your pocket and you contort yourself to get in the car the emergency horn can go off. It's also happened while I was in the house doing whatever and the same thing happens. But, that aside, it's nice to always have the emergency key always with you.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom