Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
2013 Cadillac ATS - Challenge Accepted

Aug 26, 2013 - by David Zenlea
Automobile Magazine

The Infiniti Q50 is a significant and interesting car in its own right. It replaces the successful Infiniti G37 and introduces fascinating self-driving technologies. You can read our full review of it here [http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1307_2014_infiniti_q50/]. We should also note that the Infiniti was a preproduction model, which precluded a thorough comparison of the cars' interiors. For the purposes of our long-term test, we were nevertheless curious as to what the Q50 told us about our ATS.

Just looking at the Infiniti shines a new light on the ATS. Editors had been noting that this latest Cadillac offers -- for better or for worse -- a warmer take on the decade-old "Art and Science" design language.

"I'm normally turned off by Cadillac's boxy, angular design language, so I'm attracted to the ATS's slightly softer lines," notes Annie White, associate editor at our sister site, JeanKnowsCars.com.

With the 2014 Infiniti Q50 in the lot, however, it suddenly seems preposterous to think Cadillac design is going soft. The Q50's sheet metal looks to have been adapted from a painting -- all soft, voluptuous lines. The ATS, in comparison, could still have been drawn with a razor blade, even if the edges were then sanded down.

Full Story:: 2013 Cadillac ATS - Four Seasons Update - August 2013 - Automobile Magazine

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom