• Hurt GM financially

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Help GM financially

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Have no effect on GM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have very mixed feelings on ALL the political/economic stuff that is going on right now, and I know that I have a lot of work to do to even attempt to try to understand it. :confused:

But I do want to mention the guy from the XLR line who came out to the parking lot to thank us for buying the cars when we went out to dinner in Bowling Green at that funky bar- the last night (?) of R3.:wave: I was very impressed by that - it put a face on the auto workers for me.

~Quinn

I agree, Qiunn, it felt nice to be recognized by one of the factory workers. It's nice to know that they're aware of where their bread & butter comes from.

Floyd

I was at the auto parts store a week or so ago - while I was heading back to the XLR, a gentleman who was also outside commented on the car and seemed to know an unusual amount of information on it. When I asked him how he came to know so much, he said he worked at the BG plant! He also expressed his thanks to me for buying it! He was in town visiting family. ANOTHER nice BG employee - they are great people!

PS to Quinn - the name of the restaurant in BG was Wha-Bah (www.whabah.com) What a great place!

Being a Union member for God knows how many years, I feel that unions as a whole have been good for this country. Most of us only heard about the D word Depression, but when people where jumping out of window, men where starting the first union and it was The Brotherhood of Electrical Workers union. This foreman got tired of going to workers homes after work to tell them that they lost their son in an electrical accident. They wore felt hats and climbed with some of the worst climbing hooks ever invented. Eighty or ninety per cent that went into that profession never made it home until this guy started the union and it was started for safety only, then they started talking about an honest days wage for an honest days pay, then came health care and vacations and on & on.
I'm proud to be a Union member. My two bucks worth.

Ok ok.....lets put the daggers down folks and remember that we're here to learn and chat, and everyone does have opinions.

You may not agree with someone elses opinion, but you should respect it.

Rob - This is pretty mild actually - these guys have been having "healthy disagreements" for years! Even before the XLR was produced and the first members bought theirs (that would be mswaim and standby) .... Until the censorship began on the other forum we debated everything ..... yeah, we have some wounds, but no scars! We :love: each other. And do we respect each other's opinion? You betcha. Whoever thought we would be talking about unions ... agree or disagree ..... we all have opinions. I love that we can print them. Thanks .... for everything (especially my angel .... which you can now see is a total farce!) :reddevil

Rob - This is pretty mild actually - these guys have been having "healthy disagreements" for years! Even before the XLR was produced and the first members bought theirs (that would be mswaim and standby) .... Until the censorship began on the other forum we debated everything ..... yeah, we have some wounds, but no scars! We :love: each other. And do we respect each other's opinion? You betcha. Whoever thought we would be talking about unions ... agree or disagree ..... we all have opinions. I love that we can print them. Thanks .... for everything (especially my angel .... which you can now see is a total farce!) :reddevil
Ruthie, you mis-understood, it was the last post by FOURTEEN that Rob was refering to and I am thankful for him doing that. It had nothing to do with Bob and Mark bantering at each other. First Robin

Ruthie, you mis-understood, it was the last post by FOURTEEN that Rob was refering to and I am thankful for him doing that. It had nothing to do with Bob and Mark bantering at each other. First Robin

I understood that, Robin. I was not refering to anyone .... I was just making a point. But sometimes it doesn't come across clearly. Sorry you misunderstood.

I think we should move on to Fifteen and drop it, like Rob suggested.
Some of us have strong opinions but when they get really strong, the best thing we can do is walk away and that includes Moi:love:
I understood that, Robin. I was not refering to anyone .... I was just making a point. But sometimes it doesn't come across clearly. Sorry you misunderstood.

I am sorry I misunderstood you, not this is starting to get confusing.:pat::pat: First Robin:patriot:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom