Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Aftermarket warranty

Stella

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004xlr
Well I bit the bullet and purchased a warranty through my credit union. I ended up going with their platinum package which "highly studied" looks like they cover everything except fluids,filters,body panels,tires,brake pads,wearable or maint. items. The reason for getting it today is my car is a 04 and limitations are 10yrs from manufacturer date. Whoo got in right before the deadline! The car is now covered till 2021 or 100,000 miles whichever first. The warranty is transferable or prorated if canceled early. Hopefully I won't need to use but from hearing some of the horror stories I feel alittle more reassured that it won't be so painful if something happens. Happy New Year!

Well I bit the bullet and purchased a warranty through my credit union. I ended up going with their platinum package which "highly studied" looks like they cover everything except fluids,filters,body panels,tires,brake pads,wearable or maint. items. The reason for getting it today is my car is a 04 and limitations are 10yrs from manufacturer date. Whoo got in right before the deadline! The car is now covered till 2021 or 100,000 miles whichever first. The warranty is transferable or prorated if canceled early. Hopefully I won't need to use but from hearing some of the horror stories I feel alittle more reassured that it won't be so painful if something happens. Happy New Year!

Got mine also through the PenFed Credit Union! Mine is Route66 very satisfied although they do not cover dialogist to find out what is broken or wrong with the car! Other that that the same no deductible either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

We got one a little while ago too. Not cheap but if there's one major repair (like say the typical oil leak) it will pay for itself. Figured at 8 years old/42k miles now was a good time to get one.

I'm in the same place,my gmpp ends end of feb '14.the selling dealer wants 3k for 3yrs/36,000 mi.it doesn't cover what you have.I have 52k on my 05. do most credit unions have these and what about the price? Thanks, Al

I'm in the same place,my gmpp ends end of feb '14.the selling dealer wants 3k for 3yrs/36,000 mi.it doesn't cover what you have.I have 52k on my 05. do most credit unions have these and what about the price? Thanks, Al

I would think most credit unions would since their there not big bank and more about serving their customer/share holders. I paid 2,170 for 84months-100,000. My car only has 11,00 on her but the age scares me for leaks which their arn't any,but. And like said one repair could easily reach that mark. Oh their is a hundred dollar deductible. They had three options 250,100,and 0. Each purchase price was different in relation to deductible. 0 was 600 more but I don't think she'll be giving me that many problem's. I had went to the dealer and asked about a aftermarket they wanted like 4-5 grand for a three year deal. Not a good deal in my mind considering how much the car is driven. I remember a member saying they had good luck with a warranty thru Costco. Now I don't know if that's the supermarket or another company but they said it was a good price and no issues with coverages. Good luck with your shoppin.

Al
Here the place I'm using now !
I got this company in June of 2011 after I refinanced the car it's 5yr or 100,000 miles which ever come 1st plan. No deductible, but don't cover checking for what's wrong/ broken or any fluids, oils or anything consider a maintenance part / item.

I think it was less than $2000 I 53k on her then. Here their website:
www.route66warranty.com/

Happy New Year to you and Judy!

Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

I also purchased an extended warr. via my credit union. After I got the car home I find I need a new left front shock. My EW also stated shocks were a wear item and was not covered. Almost $800.00 later all is fine. I'll have to look but I think I paid $1500 for the EW for 36 mo / 100K miles which ever comes first.

They did pay to have the trans and converter fluids changed to the newer upgraded version. When cold and backing up it sounded like I had rocks in the tranny.

With a car like ours and all of the electronics it's well worth the money buying an EW. I just hope I don't have to use it again.

Al
Here the place I'm using now !
I got this company in June of 2011 after I refinanced the car it's 5yr or 100,000 miles which ever come 1st plan. No deductible, but don't cover checking for what's wrong/ broken or any fluids, oils or anything consider a maintenance part / item.

I think it was less than $2000 I 53k on her then. Here their website:
www.route66warranty.com/

Happy New Year to you and Judy

Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"
thanks Dan,but I need a plan that covers dia. as well as repairs,dia. sometimes can take longer than the repair depending on the tech!!

I would think most credit unions would since their there not big bank and more about serving their customer/share holders. I paid 2,170 for 84months-100,000. My car only has 11,00 on her but the age scares me for leaks which their arn't any,but. And like said one repair could easily reach that mark. Oh their is a hundred dollar deductible. They had three options 250,100,and 0. Each purchase price was different in relation to deductible. 0 was 600 more but I don't think she'll be giving me that many problem's. I had went to the dealer and asked about a aftermarket they wanted like 4-5 grand for a three year deal. Not a good deal in my mind considering how much the car is driven. I remember a member saying they had good luck with a warranty thru Costco. Now I don't know if that's the supermarket or another company but they said it was a good price and no issues with coverages. Good luck with your shoppin.

thanks Stella,this sounds pretty good,will check w/ my local cu and Costco.

thanks Dan,but I need a plan that covers dia. as well as repairs,dia. sometimes can take longer than the repair depending on the tech!!

Yep it did not pay a penny when the gas gauge quit it was all labor finding a bad connection!
But they may be worth a look, they May have other plans you can purchase!

Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Yep it did not pay a penny when the gas gauge quit it was all labor finding a bad connection!
But they may be worth a look, they May have other plans you can purchase!

Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Dan,that's what i'll do,i'm going to check all my options.I welcome any and all suggestions. say hi to wendy, :wave:

I'm the one who bought the Costco plan (which is actually serviced by Century). They fully covered (except for the deduct) my dealer replacing an intermittent problem with the pump, which is a big piece of change. I also like the no-interest financing -- 10% down, 5% per month charged to my cashback credit card. I did have to join Costco, and Costco's stores are much further from me than Sam's, but after experiencing both, I like Costco a whole lot more.

I too have extended insurance warranty for my XLR through my credit union. In my honest opinion, this is the only way to go especially with these types of cars that were expensive to begin with and more likely cost you more to work on it today. Think of it as, health care for your car. I got the 100K and not the maximum 120K warranty.:D

Costco 4 Me 2

I also have the Costco warranty, and am very (!) happy with it. They have fixed a couple of issues for me, without a hint of an argument. They DO pay for diagnostic time, fluids, etc. All I've ever had to pay was the deductible.

FWIW

Tim

I also have the Costco warranty, and am very (!) happy with it. They have fixed a couple of issues for me, without a hint of an argument. They DO pay for diagnostic time, fluids, etc. All I've ever had to pay was the deductible.

FWIW

Tim

Does Costco pay the repair shop direct or do you pay and get reimbursed from Costco? also does any shops have a problem dealing w Costco?? thanks,AL

Does Costco pay the repair shop direct or do you pay and get reimbursed from Costco? also does any shops have a problem dealing w Costco?? thanks,AL

Can't speak to the "any shops" question, Al, but it works super with our Cadillac dealers. I've had work done (and redone) both in Colorado Springs and in La Quinta, CA. No questions. The Costco warranty outfit is contacted by the repair facility, and it's paid directly. All I have had to stand up for was the deductible. On the "redone" episode, work was performed in COS (and paid for by the warranty company, less my deductible), and worked on (and finally fixed) by Cadillac of La Quinta, in California. I did NOT have to pay the deductible again.

Hope this helps. :wave:

Tim

Can't speak to the "any shops" question, Al, but it works super with our Cadillac dealers. I've had work done (and redone) both in Colorado Springs and in La Quinta, CA. No questions. The Costco warranty outfit is contacted by the repair facility, and it's paid directly. All I have had to stand up for was the deductible. On the "redone" episode, work was performed in COS (and paid for by the warranty company, less my deductible), and worked on (and finally fixed) by Cadillac of La Quinta, in California. I did NOT have to pay the deductible again.

Hope this helps. :wave:

Tim

Thanks Tim,that's what I needed to know.I went to Costco site and it's down for updating.I'll check in a few days when it's back up. Al

Just bought one myself...

I just purchased one about a month ago. I didn't know what direction to take so I did the safe bet and went through the Better Business Bureau where they have a top 10 best and most reliable. Mine is covered bumber to bumper through 2018 and up to 110,000 miles. The great part is they offer a variety of payment plans up to a 24 months and I pick where it gets repaired and I have no deductible. I sleep so much better at night knowing she's covered.

I just purchased one about a month ago. I didn't know what direction to take so I did the safe bet and went through the Better Business Bureau where they have a top 10 best and most reliable. Mine is covered bumber to bumper through 2018 and up to 110,000 miles. The great part is they offer a variety of payment plans up to a 24 months and I pick where it gets repaired and I have no deductible. I sleep so much better at night knowing she's covered.

Which company did you choose?

would you share the company and price? I will need one the end of Feb. thanks, Al :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom