Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Am I wrong Compadres?

buki

Account Suspended
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Xenon Blue XLR
I have been thinking long and hard about why Cadillac quit building a car I love so much. Here's a quick analysis...

Buy, beg, borrow or steal a copy of John Mccormick's book XLR and see why these cars will become very important in the future.
Here is the real deal:

1. The XLR was designed to rebrand Cadillac from your grandfather's cruiser to the symbol of a whole new approach to luxury. The XLR led directly to the success of the CTS and ATS.

2. Unfortunately the XLR, as it began to mature, ran head on into 2008 and the bankruptcy of GM. $100,000 cars became very rare to say the least. Whats more, Cadillac was losing money on every unit. They obviously considered the manufacturing losses as 'marketing' and they were right.

3. Currency devaluation made the price far too high in the foreign markets.

4. GM saw the XLR as an intrusion on the corvette plant's operations. They never adapted the lines in Ky. for mass production and chose to keep the X as their 'halo' car. By building the CTS line as equally high tech and fast for $30,000 less they hit a major repositioning home run.

5. Just be glad you got one.

6. Like land they don't make them any more.

Either way; I love my XLR! I saw that new 2-door Caddy yesterday. Nice and was a "V", but given some of the XLRs from D3 I'd take those over any of the newer Caddy's. What keeps me focus is mainly "wheels/brakes/engine." My eyes needs something to keep me focused on.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom