Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

any tricks for cleaning suede seat inserts?

RVSXLRV

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR/V
hey all, anyone have a product they use to clean the suede inserts on my XLR-V seat inserts and door panels? I have never owned a car with suede and do not want to take a chance on messing them up. thanks in advance...

It is technically not suede, but alcantara. Sonax makes an alcantara and upholstery cleaner. I’ve used it on my CTS-V coupe, which has the alcantara seat inserts, steering wheel and shift knob. It works very well.

It is technically not suede, but alcantara. Sonax makes an alcantara and upholstery cleaner. I’ve used it on my CTS-V coupe, which has the alcantara seat inserts, steering wheel and shift knob. It works very well.
thank you, I will check it out.

Dr. Beasley’s makes both a cleaner and protectant. Haven’t tried the cleaner, have used the protectant in my ATS which has Alcantara all over the place. Seems to work.

The Sonax stuff works very well with the right brush. Just follow the directions and be patient. Here are before and after pictures of mine. The door panel had suntan lotion soaked in and the seat was pilled and nasty. The blue picture is a view of the dirty rinse water after doing the driver's seat.

Alcantara cleaner.jpg
DDB4.JPG
DD_after.JPG
DSB4.JPG
DS_after.JPG
rinse water.JPG

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors