Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Anyone recognize this part?

newv

Seasoned Member
I was working under the hood, had the intake air filter assembly off, and noticed this small strip of rubber laying on the passenger side of the engine. It is about 20" long, has a "T" cross section, about 1/8" across the top and 3/16" vertical. Going to try and attach photos here. I have a V, and I searched around and saw no obvious place for it. Now the weather has gone bad so I can't search further for a while. Any ideas?
IMG_0046.jpgIMG_0048.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 222
Hey

Looks like it maybe a strip from the leading edge of an old windshield wiper blade ??

Bill

Last edited:
Bill,
Genius guess - I believe you are right. It is not from my current wipers, but it is the exact length and cross section, and the upper spine is ragged, just where it would have separated from the rest of the blade. It means unbelievably it's been floating around my engine bay for over 4 years, but still I'd say 99% odds you are correct. Thanks, I feel better.

Rexter,
Good call, I checked this too but the hood weatherstripping is larger in cross dimensions and different cross section. This would have been the most likely given where I found it, thankfully that is all intact. Appreciate the help.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom