Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

B G Video update

jackparker06V

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Platinum/w Ebony int XLR-V
Many of you who attended the Bowling Green Homecoming probably noticed that I was video taping some of the event. This was my first use of a camcorder. I’ll be the first to admit that there is tremendous room for improvement in my camera skills. Suggestions are welcome and always helpful. One of the things I noticed is that I need to pay more attention to getting a good view of each individual car along with contiguous steady shots of that particular car’s special features. Getting the owners in the clip would also be great (I’ll need your help of course).
However, copying the recording I have to a DVD has proved to be problematic. OK, a little sympathy please.
1) Using the software bundled with the Canon camera took six hours to download to the computer. I only had 2 hours of video. What’s up with that?:mad:
2) The playback on the computer was jerky. Turns out I don’t have enough memory left in the computer. I don’t want to buy a new computer so I tried an outboard drive. No help there. But then again, I am not computer savvy.
So, frustrated, I started looking for work-arounds. I have a 7 year old stereo DVD recorder and, hooray, I could copy from the camera to the recorders internal hard drive, do some simple editing, and then copy from the hard drive to a DVD. So everything is great, right? Well, not quite.:dunno:
Each copy I make will be in real time i.e. 2 hours per DVD. That said, I will be happy to make a copy for anyone wanting one. It will just take a little while to get the copies to you on a first come first serve basis.
What’s on the 2 hour DVD.
1) The cars set up for the show. About 15 minutes
2) Probably what will be most important for most of you, the seminar given by some of the factory XLR people. About 1 ½ hours.
3) Downtown Bowling Green on the square. (loved the old timey architecture.) Just a few minutes.
4) The cars at the Bowling Green factory. About 10 minutes.
What is blatently missing is the presentation of the commemorative brick given to Kathy and Bruce. At that time, I actually thought I had lost the camera somewhere. It later turned up safe in the trunk buried under other items. My bad and apologies.:pat: If you are interested in a copy, Email ejackparker@bellsouth.net with your name, address and (please) your online name. Put XLR DVD in the subject line just in case your Email gets into the spam folder.
Thank you to all for a great time with a great group of people (and cars of course).:patriot:
Jack

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back