Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Battery / no start

Pboschert

Hello,
Could really use your help.
I dropped my xlr off at the dealer to have the top repaired. It sat for a long time with out being started. Dealer said battery was dead. I brought them a new battery. The headlights turn and dash board lights up but the car will not start. Like only some items are getting power. Also, the key fobs are not responding. Replaced fob batteries as well. Any ideas ??
Thanks Phil

what year is it and what did the dealer do to it? If I drove it in and they said it needed a battery I would give them one and expect it to start .

Agree with Robert above.....Its fine that you are here asking 'why' it will not start,,,,

but 'why' can't the techs at the dealership service department answer your question?

Hello,
Could really use your help.
I dropped my xlr off at the dealer to have the top repaired. It sat for a long time with out being started. Dealer said battery was dead. I brought them a new battery. The headlights turn and dash board lights up but the car will not start. Like only some items are getting power. Also, the key fobs are not responding. Replaced fob batteries as well. Any ideas ??
Thanks Phil
I just had the same problem. Mine wouldn’t start either. Ended up that there was a communication break between the ecm and another module and it didn’t happen until they pulled out the top module. Found that there was corrosion. It did cause my battery to die. They had to charge it multiple times. They hopefully know how to use the the tech 2 scanner. That should be able to trace the problem. Good luck!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom