Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Beating a dead horse

josua

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Raven Black xlr 2009 sts4
Ok, the car is a 2004 caddy xlr. I installed a avic 7200 nex pioneer head unit, works perfectly. I did the "set on" software hack. Unfortunately, when I connect my android phone with Android Auto it, the phone says to put on my parking brake. Should I have grounded the parking brake switch before the set on procedure? Also, the head unit has a wire to connect to the parking brake. Do I have to use a bypass switch or relay with this wire to get around this? Thanks

Hi Josua.

Your pioneer after market receiver is a fine product and an up dated one, however it looks that the pioneer receiver installed on many cars others than the XLR do have the same problem of your car.
Visit ''YouTube'' and ask the same question, the answer could be available to solve your XLR problem.

Some of our members in the past years have installed this after market receiver of the previous models…. the most update one that you have purchased could be different in term of the installation.

An other way for you to come up with a solution is to ask also the same question at your pioneer seller, he should have an answer, he has the knowhow of this product.

I had my receiver been dead like a horse last year, the pioneer repair shop of my area recommended me to have it repair instead, I think that he was right, and since its been repaired, I have reduced my time in playing with the entertainment unit, I now rather love driving the car and feel its cool driving with no music…. its a mather of choice.

Good luck

IAN:wave:

Thanks Ian. I appreciate the input.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry