Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Bit the Bullet, New Kenwood DNS995S Nav-Sat

XLRobbie-V

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR-V
Well, after reading This Thread, "Kenwood DNX893S in the XLR" by rexster314, I was surely going to do the same as he did. My 2006 Nav-Sat in the XLR-V Doesn't hardly recognize anything up here where I live in North/Central Idaho, so it's virtually useless. The new Kenwood will make life on the road much easier and safer.

There are a few places I've made way points of, (after getting there in the first place of course), to help me get there again in the future, and even back home out of the city. This new Kenwood DNX995S should make all that unnecessary and make finding places a breeze. It's much like the DNX893S, with some improvements. I'm not exactly sure if it has more features, though? I did include front and rear cameras that can give several different views both forward and backwards, adding greatly to seeing the surrounding area.

I had to pay ½ down payment on November 4th in order to make an appointment for the installation. This particular electronics place is in Lewiston, some 75 miles one way, and was recommended as the best place to have this installation done. They were out 2 weeks for the first opening, so I'm going to drop my baby off on November 20th and pick it up the next day. My wife has doctor's visits anyway, so the trips up and down are not a total loss. In any case, I sure hope it turns out as good as it sounds!

I'll keep you'll advised as I now more.
Thanks, Rob-

Last edited:
I've been watching to see if I can find a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal on a DNS995S.

A couple of questions if you don't mind:

- Did you provide your installer with the wiring diagrams, etc. from the other threads? Did they seem to have any concerns with the level of complexity of the install?

- Which cameras did you decide to go with?

Hope it all goes smooth, please let us know how it turns out!

Racknid, your questions in blue:
- Did you provide your installer with the wiring diagrams, etc. from the other threads? Did they seem to have any concerns with the level of complexity of the install?
I did just that, and yes, the installer was concerned because he had never seen or done one on the XLR-V. He also asked several questions about the sound system of which I am a dumb**** about so he has to get those answers yet. He's asked me to leave the vehicle with him for a full day to do the install correctly so it turns our sanitary ... sano.

Well, I'm sorry, can't help you right now because I don't have a complete invoice yet, ditto on the dumb**** part lol. But I can tell you the front camera is around $250 bucks and allows a single view plus 6 split views all around showing up right on the navigation screen by the push of a button. Same for the rear back-up camera. It is not the one that comes with the DNS995S. This on has a regular view and then a 3 split view showing back and both sides for parking ease.

I will, just wish I had the model numbers for you.
Rob-

Last edited:
$200 rebate till the end of the year..

I've been watching to see if I can find a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal on a DNS995S.

A couple of questions if you don't mind:

According to Crutchfield no Kenwood systems will work. Keep us informed on your DNX995S installation.
Please give us a list of all components needed to install.
Thanks.

Last edited:
According to Crutchfield no Kenwood systems will work. Keep us informed on your DNX995S installation.
Thanks.

Crutchfield is wrong. They sell stuff they know will work in most cars. XLR is not a listing. As is most of the parts needed to complete the installation if you look at Metra, PAC and others.
Look at the thread I started better than 2 years ago. My Kenwood is still working. Parts I used, or the installer used, are listed in the thread.

Kenwood DNX893S in the XLR

redvette'94, my replies in black.

I guess we'll find out soon, although rexster314's thread I saw was a successful Kenwood installation.

I'll be sure to do that. I'll ask them for a comprehensive list and post here.

Crutchfield is wrong. They sell stuff they know will work in most cars. XLR is not a listing. As is most of the parts needed to complete the installation if you look at Metra, PAC and others.
Look at the thread I started better than 2 years ago. My Kenwood is still working. Parts I used, or the installer used, are listed in the thread.

Kenwood DNX893S in the XLR

Your thread of the DNX893S installation is what I gave to my installer. He's going to check it out to get the correct components, etc.
Rob-

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back