Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Bowling Green Tuesday

onalaska

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infared XLR-V
Hi everyone, we are off to Bowling Green for a plant tour and the Corvette museum on Tuesday as part of our trip to the East coast. I have been reading on the forum about previous trips there and also to the Biltmore in Asheville where we will be going after the East coast and the information has been really helpful in planning our trip. I wish we would have had our XLR back then to have made that trip with everyone at that time. Was really looking forward to some drives on the Blue Ridge Parkway with the top down, but now we are in a Chevy Equinox minivan and the XLR sits at a Chevy dealership in Kansas waiting on parts that are currently unavailable.:dunno:

Enjoy Bowling Green! While you are there, be sure to check out the Corvette Museum, which is just across the street from the plant. They completed a new addition recently - it's very nice and won't take too much time away from your journey.

Kentucky is well known for it's bourbon, due to their iron-free water. Check out the tourist info at the rest areas if you're inclined to take a tour.

I know you know about the plants' reduced working schedule and reserved a date/time for your tour, so I won't remind you about that! ;)

Hi everyone, we are off to Bowling Green for a plant tour and the Corvette museum on Tuesday as part of our trip to the East coast. I have been reading on the forum about previous trips there and also to the Biltmore in Asheville where we will be going after the East coast and the information has been really helpful in planning our trip. I wish we would have had our XLR back then to have made that trip with everyone at that time. Was really looking forward to some drives on the Blue Ridge Parkway with the top down, but now we are in a Chevy Equinox minivan and the XLR sits at a Chevy dealership in Kansas waiting on parts that are currently unavailable.:dunno:

Have fun in BG. We always enjoy our time there. We will be coming through BG on Wed. morning on our way to Road Atlanta for Petit Le Mans. Maybe we can stop and say hi if you will still be there.

We had a great time today touring the factory and going through the museum. No XLRs in sight, but the factory still talks about them in their video and refers to them in the information given on the factory floor. Still had a good time watching some Z06 and ZR1's coming off the line and being delivered at the museum.

Bruce, sorry we missed you by a day and after the tour and museum this morning we are now off to Virginia for the remainder of the week. It would have been a great opportunity to say hi. We are going to Asheville after Virginia so I feel like I am retracing some of the previous trips this group had made.

I am really hoping our XLR will be repaired by the time we head back West at the end of next week. At least then I could pick it up and drive it back home without making another 700 mile trip. The dealer is still waiting on parts.

I see we talked many times on the Allante net. I hope your X is repaired soon. I sold my Allante a couple months ago, I'm wondering if I should have kept it for a spare. sounds like a good thing you did. Good luck with the X and have a good trip back.

I see we talked many times on the Allante net. I hope your X is repaired soon. I sold my Allante a couple months ago, I'm wondering if I should have kept it for a spare. sounds like a good thing you did. Good luck with the X and have a good trip back.

Thanks for the support. We just spent the entire day at the Biltmore in Asheville and had a great time. We are headed home tomorrow, unfortunately the V is still sitting in Kansas waiting on parts.

Remember how most everyone with an Allante had more than one so they could be assured that they had spares? I can't afford a spare XLR right now!!!

When I decided to take the V on the trip the top was my only concern. I did read about all of your top problems when you first bought your XLR and how you learned to manually open and close the top. My top has worked flawlessly, but I was confident if it quit I could follow the instructions to manually operate it. After all the Allante was all manual!

Searching the forums I had not read about anyone having a mechanical failure that shut them down on a trip so I had a high degree of confidence that if I had a problem it could be resolved at least temporarily until I got home. There are a lot of folks on here that have put thousands of miles on their XLRs and never had a problem other than the top so I hope I am the exception.

Hard to believe but the top issues were almost a good thing. I hope I never have another problem but it gave me confidence in putting it up or down manually so I dont worry about it sticking as much.

I read about the groups trip to the Asheville and the Biltmore and wished I had my XLR and could have gone then. It's a fantastic place as well as the entire area around it. Will be back home tomorrow and perhaps we will know more about the parts situation next week. Anyway we made the best of it in the Chevy Equinox for the last two weeks. It's really a comfortable car to drive on a trip and it does have a lot more room than the XLR to put stuff. Mileage was only about 24 MPG though.

I read about the groups trip to the Asheville and the Biltmore and wished I had my XLR and could have gone then. It's a fantastic place as well as the entire area around it. Will be back home tomorrow and perhaps we will know more about the parts situation next week. Anyway we made the best of it in the Chevy Equinox for the last two weeks. It's really a comfortable car to drive on a trip and it does have a lot more room than the XLR to put stuff. Mileage was only about 24 MPG though.

You are correct, it is a beautiful part of the country. We really enjoy visiting Asheville. We stopped @ Biltmore on our way home from Road Atlanta. We hope to do another XLR Road trip to that area next spring or maybe next fall. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and I hope you have a safe drive home.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom