Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Brush bar sheared

C

Comfortzone

I drove my X home from FL on Friday. Last night I heard a clanging drag sound. I looked under the front and the metal bar that goes across the front and protects the radiator was sheared off on one end. The bar is hanging and a motorized part that was connected to one end is now hanging only by the electrical cords....

Does anyone have knowledge of this part? Can it be welded and fixed? Does it need to be replaced? Expected cost?

I have AAA bringing a flatbed and I am taking it to the local Cadillac dealership.

I don't know if the shearing happened during my long drive home, or if it was like that when I bought it and had just been temporarily fixed to sell.. I bought the car a month and a 1/2 ago, but just brought it home.

If you're referring to one of the two under-bumper aluminum guards meant to protect the front end from cement parking barriers, it will need to be tig welded. Any good dealership ought to be able to weld it back together. A body shop would probably cut them both off and replace them with something a little more beefy. Shouldn't be a big deal.

CC :wave:

If you're referring to one of the two under-bumper aluminum guards meant to protect the front end from cement parking barriers, it will need to be tig welded. Any good dealership ought to be able to weld it back together. A body shop would probably cut them both off and replace them with something a little more beefy. Shouldn't be a big deal.

CC :wave:

Thanks!! I dropped it off at the dealership and I will call them in the morning.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom