Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cadillac (only) car show - sounds fun!

PAK XLR8

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Ex - XLR owner - 2005 Base & 2009 V
I read a newspaper bleep about a Caddy car show up in Anaheim (near Disneyland). I thought, this could be fun, we might see some old and some new, maybe even a few XLR's that we have not had as part of our normal group. So, Dennis and I decide to head up there and "check it out".

Upon arrival, we realized that this was not quite what we were expecting - our tires were too big and we definitely did not have enough hydraulics on our cars to fit in.
IMAG0528.jpgIMAG0531.jpg

So, the show organizer puts us in the "VIP" section, maybe to protect us from the boys in the hood! We were lined up next to a Caddy that Chip Foose did recently on his "Overhaulin" show. The Foose car won for "Best in Show".

IMAG0526.jpg

I have to post this picture, before you see the last one

IMAG0522.jpg

It turns out there were a couple of girls walking around and, for $1, they would pose by your car and you could snap a picture! I think you will know why I posted the picture above, after seeing this one :)

IMAG0523.jpg

It was a cultural experience, and it was impressive to see how much work, chrome and paint glitter that some of these guys put into their hydraulically powered suspension cars.

If my car ever gets totaled, maybe I'll build it back with all of these ideas in mind! :thumbsup

Thought I would share an interesting Cadillac Car Show experience - something different!

It was fun!!!

Paul did a good job reporting on this special event and I just thought I'd add to it a bit. And I think this thread should be moved somewhere else to... EVENTS or something. I had to hunt for a half hour trying to find it. :(

Anyway it was quite the experience. For a buck you could get as many photos that you could ever want with the two ladies. :laugh: I was going to be a little more descriptive, but decided to just leave it at that .... :chuckle

Here's a few more photos.

Last edited:
OMG,,,,,,,

quote: "Upon arrival, we realized that this was not quite what we were expecting - our tires were too big and we definitely did not have enough hydraulics on our cars to fit in. "

laugh.gif
Got my chuckle for the day,,,thanks! I feel your pain about this show.... Yup, your XLR just didn't jump up and down enough to fit in with this crowd...

attachment.php

^ > You need this pix framed and hung in your garage........MEMORIES

Thanks but no thanks.!!!

quote: "Upon arrival, we realized that this was not quite what we were expecting - our tires were too big and we definitely did not have enough hydraulics on our cars to fit in. "

:laugh: Got my chuckle for the day,,,thanks! I feel your pain about this show.... Yup, your XLR just didn't jump up and down enough to fit in with this crowd...

attachment.php

^ > You need this pix framed and hung in your garage........MEMORIES

I think I'll pass on the garage picture. I have tool calenders that look a lot more appropriate... This is why you would never catch me in the strip clubs... what if one of them accidentally touches you and it doesn't wash off and then you get some kind of a rash and they have to remove your arm and then you die. I always thought tattoos looked really good on sailors... beings they touched my car, I spent over 2 hours in my garage detailing the heck out of it and numerous coats of Ultimate quick wax from Meguiars. (That stuff has a good fragrance)

pleasant smell,,

quote: ",,,,beings they touched my car, I spent over 2 hours in my garage detailing the heck out of it and numerous coats of Ultimate quick wax from Meguiars.
(That stuff has a good fragrance) "

Which has a good fragrance, the Meguiars or the gals?
laugh.gif

For $2 they would have sat in your seats, and had a picture taken, lol ...... but you might have needed five hours to clean the interior..

Glad I missed this car show, but the reading and the pictures were worth a lot of fun! Can't wait for next year's Cadillac show.....

Meguiars Ultimate

quote: ",,,,beings they touched my car, I spent over 2 hours in my garage detailing the heck out of it and numerous coats of Ultimate quick wax from Meguiars.
(That stuff has a good fragrance) "

Which has a good fragrance, the Meguiars or the gals? :laugh:

For $2 they would have sat in your seats, and had a picture taken, lol ...... but you might have needed five hours to clean the interior..

Glad I missed this car show, but the reading and the pictures were worth a lot of fun! Can't wait for next year's Cadillac show.....

The Meguiars of course. The bumps, I mean the gals, would never have been allowed to sit in the seats. Glad you missed the show? Oh it was worth the laugh that's for sure. Fortunately neither of our cars broke out ina rash!! :blowup:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom