Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cadillac XLR Build Sheets and Window Stickers

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
I emailed the National Corvette Museum regarding the acquisition of build sheets and window stickers for Cadillac XLR owners. They offer build sheets and window stickers for sale on their web site for Corvette owners, but didn't see anything for XLR owners - so I inquired. I received the following response from Betty Hardisan at the NCM:

Rob,

We do have some of the build sheets for the XLRs so if you would email me your VIN, I will be glad to check to see if we would have one for you. If we do, the cost of the build sheet (shipping/handling included) would be $55.00. If you would like that laminated there would be an additional $5.00 charge. Also, if you do not have the original window sticker we can provide you with a reproduction which would appear as it did in whatever year. The cost for the window sticker would be an additional $45.

Thank you for your inquiry and your support of the National Corvette Museum.

Betty Hardison
Library & Archives
betty@corvettemuseum.org
Lifetime Member #787
270-467-8841 direct
270-781-7973, ext. 141
270-467-8806 fax

There were a couple of XLR owners that picked up laminated copies of their build sheets while we were visiting the NCM this Friday (9/27/13)!

Seems a little steep for a couple pieces of paper.

Yes steep but worth is weight in gold at a car show when the person see the original car price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

build sheet

I picked up my build sheet and window sticker while at the homecoming on sat. price high but worth it to me.

There were a couple of XLR owners that picked up laminated copies of their build sheets while we were visiting the NCM this Friday (9/27/13)!

Yep...I was one of them. I also got my original window sticker, and transportation documentation laminated. Looks good & now I don't have to worry about a crease in the paper!!!

Yes steep but worth is weight in gold at a car show when the person see the original car price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

I agree with you, Dan.

Frankly you can get just as much information (other than the dealer name) from the SPI sticker.
You can get a lot of the production information including invoicing dealer in the XLR Registry

I agree but for provenance, the SPI sticker is physical rather than electronic & can match to the order number. Registry does have the originating dealer so both together can be treated as conclusive. Just depends on how much provenance is needed.

BTW is the SPI sticker under the right rear cover in the trunk in all XLRs ?

ps do not have an XLR yet but have an offer in on one. Am I correct that the AUX jack did not appear until '06 ?

I agree but for provenance, the SPI sticker is physical rather than electronic & can match to the order number. Registry does have the originating dealer so both together can be treated as conclusive. Just depends on how much provenance is needed.

BTW is the SPI sticker under the right rear cover in the trunk in all XLRs ?

ps do not have an XLR yet but have an offer in on one. Am I correct that the AUX jack did not appear until '06 ?
The order number for every XLR built, is / will be in the Registry. All 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2009 XLRs built - are in the Registry. I'm working on the other model years, but I can only type so fast. LOL :lol:

I too ordered the original build sheet and reproduction window sticker from the National Corvette Museum for my 2006 XLR-V. My car has chrome wheels so I was puzzled that the window sticker did not list the chrome wheels as an option. I looked at the build sheet and it had RPO code QT8 which is for the painted wheels. So sometime in the past a previous owner switched out the wheels for the chrome ones which is fine with me since I like those better.

Reactions: Rob
I too ordered the original build sheet and reproduction window sticker from the National Corvette Museum for my 2006 XLR-V. My car has chrome wheels so I was puzzled that the window sticker did not list the chrome wheels as an option. I looked at the build sheet and it had RPO code QT8 which is for the painted wheels. So sometime in the past a previous owner switched out the wheels for the chrome ones which is fine with me since I like those better.
Yep, chrome wheels were not an option in 2006 but came standard on the 2006 Star Black Limited Edition XLRs.

I emailed the National Corvette Museum regarding the acquisition of build sheets and window stickers for Cadillac XLR owners. They offer build sheets and window stickers for sale on their web site for Corvette owners, but didn't see anything for XLR owners - so I inquired. I received the following response from Betty Hardisan at the NCM:
The window sticker I received from them was not a generic copy, it was specific to my VIN.

Good morning I noticed the date was 2013 on the build sheets and window stickers all the phone numbers emails and
person's still the same contacts or have they retired

Good morning I noticed the date was 2013 on the build sheets and window stickers all the phone numbers emails and
person's still the same contacts or have they retired
I believe Betty is still at the NCM, but I'm not sure.

Here is the page on their website:

I don't see the XLR listed there, so you may need to give them a call:

Inside the National Corvette Museum at:
350 Corvette Dr.
Bowling Green KY 42101

By Email
customercare@
corvettestore.com

By Phone
(270) 777-4555

Mr Rob thank you so much I have one more problem I have replaced modulus and had pumps refurbished for the trunk and convertible top the problem that I'm having is finding someone that can communicate with my vehicle and a relearning process it seems like when you go to Cadillac they want to give you the run around by putting it on the machine and doing all other crazy mess to your vehicle and only thing I'm asking for is a simple relearning procedure is there anyone in our great country that's honest that can tackle this task what I'm trying to find is a GM Tech 2with a CANDI modular most of these shops don't carry that scan machine anymore and it was perfect for the XLR and communicating with the top and the trunk and all of the little bugs I'm actually talking about the sensors that have to be recalibrated or put in a relearn process help

Mr Rob thank you so much I have one more problem I have replaced modulus and had pumps refurbished for the trunk and convertible top the problem that I'm having is finding someone that can communicate with my vehicle and a relearning process it seems like when you go to Cadillac they want to give you the run around by putting it on the machine and doing all other crazy mess to your vehicle and only thing I'm asking for is a simple relearning procedure is there anyone in our great country that's honest that can tackle this task what I'm trying to find is a GM Tech 2with a CANDI modular most of these shops don't carry that scan machine anymore and it was perfect for the XLR and communicating with the top and the trunk and all of the little bugs I'm actually talking about the sensors that have to be recalibrated or put in a relearn process help
I'm not a tech expert on the XLR. You may want to post your question in the Tech forum

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom