Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cadillac's All-New 2009 CTS-V Ready For Launch

When I was at Lund a few weeks back they had just gotten back from the Salt Lake flats doing runs in a modified 09 CTS-V. Cadillac took it to the crusher when they were done with the runs. I would have liked to have had that car :bash:

I've been fighting the urge to buy a leftover STS-V in exactly the exterior/interior combo I want for 4 months now. I must be strong. :(

Luckily I am out of garage space :willy_nilly:
Hi Kent,

go get it, you`ll love it, best Cadillac I`ve ever owned. The only thing what I don`t like is the too small gas tank, on fast Autobahn rides I have to refill it about all 350 km ( 220 miles ) but as you know me I drive mostly between 100 - 180 mph:D. Gas mileage is good for 476 HP:)

My dealer get`s two CTS V`s, one in thunder-gray, one in white diamont, maybe my XLR have to leave for one of them.

Hans

We got in our first '09 CTS-V today. It is an awesome ride!

PowershotB2009CTSV173.jpg

PowershotB2009CTSV172.jpg

PowershotB2009CTSV165.jpg

PowershotB2009CTSV168.jpg

PowershotB2009CTSV179.jpg

PowershotB2009CTSV180.jpg

Bruce :)
Bruce, I can`t help but I love this car, did you got one in in white diamont, because that would be my color, if you have one can you please post some pictures?

Thank you

Hans

Hans,
We are waiting on 4 more CTS-Vs to come in. I don't think we have a White Diamond.

Bruce

Hans,
We are waiting on 4 more CTS-Vs to come in. I don't think we have a White Diamond.

Bruce
Bruce,
thank you so far but this fastest sedan in the world won my heart.
I just can call it a 4 door Z06:lol:

Hans

Hans,

Unless you need the room why not just go for the Z06, I'm pricing them myself. Took a test drive the other day and my hands got sweaty!!! :rocker:

Floyd (BB)

Hans,

Unless you need the room why not just go for the Z06, I'm pricing them myself. Took a test drive the other day and my hands got sweaty!!! :rocker:

Floyd (BB)
Hi Floyd,
I`ve had a Z06 from my dealer for a two day test drive and I know this car is sooooooo fast, had it up by speedo 347 kph (215 mph)what`s propably a ral 200 mph but since I use my cars a lot for business travel a 4 door is the better way to go. I usually have to carry some clothing stuff around with me and the trunk of the Vette coupe isn`t small but a 4 door is better for this.
Since I have my STS V I do almost any business travel with it and when I get me an 09 CTS V I would have the choice of two to take:D:lol:

The test numbers of the Z06 and the 09 CTS V are very similar, now don`t foget the V is a 4 door sedan.

You and Maryann have a nice weekend

Hans

Hans,

That's my biggest problem--4 doors!! I like a sporty car, which is one reason I bought the "V," so any other "V" won't do it for me. I miss my Vettes which is why I am now looking at a Z06, I think it would look great sitting next to it's bigger brother. I would have a total of four doors, but they would be spread over two cars! :lol:

Enjoy your CTS-V, I'm sure you will as you fly down the Autobhan!!

You also have a great weekend!

Floyd (BB)

Hans,

That's my biggest problem--4 doors!! I like a sporty car, which is one reason I bought the "V," so any other "V" won't do it for me. I miss my Vettes which is why I am now looking at a Z06, I think it would look great sitting next to it's bigger brother. I would have a total of four doors, but they would be spread over two cars! :lol:

Enjoy your CTS-V, I'm sure you will as you fly down the Autobhan!!

You also have a great weekend!

Floyd (BB)
Floyd,
two cars - 4 doors, that`s funny but good:laugh:

I know Bobo isn`t a fan of 4 doors on one car either:lol: but the power of any V - 2 or 4 doors is terrific.

Hans

Hi Kent,

go get it, you`ll love it, best Cadillac I`ve ever owned. The only thing what I don`t like is the too small gas tank, on fast Autobahn rides I have to refill it about all 350 km ( 220 miles ) but as you know me I drive mostly between 100 - 180 mph:D. Gas mileage is good for 476 HP:)

My dealer get`s two CTS V`s, one in thunder-gray, one in white diamont, maybe my XLR have to leave for one of them.

Hans

Let me know how the CTS V compares to your STS V. I'm trying to be good and wait for the CTS-V coupe.

Let me know how the CTS V compares to your STS V. I'm trying to be good and wait for the CTS-V coupe.
Kent, sure I`ll let you know but the most important thing is, when do they arrive here in Germany.
They was expected for November/December but this was before the financial-crisis and since the first deliveries in the US started about 2 weeks ago I expect the euro-models here maybe Jan - March 09.

Hans

We got two more black Vs in this morning, one manual one automatic.

Bruce :)
Bruce, I know black is the festest color:lol: but my STS V is black raven so I would go this time for a light color.

Hans

You'll be lucky if you get anymore GM products over there at all. Bettter keep that Mock V and put a hood on it.
Signed GM
Kent, sure I`ll let you know but the most important thing is, when do they arrive here in Germany.
They was expected for November/December but this was before the financial-crisis and since the first deliveries in the US started about 2 weeks ago I expect the euro-models here maybe Jan - March 09.

Hans

Hans
You will want to wait until the snow melts anyway to be sure you can get maximum speed duirng your test drive :reddevil

You'll be lucky if you get anymore GM products over there at all. Bettter keep that Mock V and put a hood on it.
Signed GM
Bob,
I`m sure the 09`s will come and you know I`m infected by the V virus:lol:
Now I know what the "V" stands for:laugh:
Hans

You will want to wait until the snow melts anyway to be sure you can get maximum speed duirng your test drive :reddevil
Kent,
I expect them around February over here and this would be a good time. The two cars my dealer has ordered are fully equipped and both are 6 speed automatics. (means top speed 175:D but I can life with that:lol:)

Hans

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back