Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cargo divider receiver

Bamaxlr

My XLR/V(s)
2009 black XLR
The place where my cargo divider locks in and depresses the switch that tells the car it is in place has broken. I need to find a new switch does anyone know the part number or what it is called. I have searched high and low! Thanks

The place where my cargo divider locks in and depresses the switch that tells the car it is in place has broken. I need to find a new switch does anyone know the part number or what it is called. I have searched high and low! Thanks

Well your right I can’t find you the switch part # either but here’s a fix you can take the switch wires and wire them together to bypass the switch for the time being, just remember the top will work all the time even when the divider is not in place, which means you must always check the trunk for objects in the way of the tops paths before operating your top!!! If I happen to find that switch part number I’ll post it here or maybe someone here will chime in that had this issue and figure it out already. Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same thing as 05 Grand Daddy. Just take the housing apart, exposing the little switch. Connect the two wires directly and the computer will always think the cargo divider is in place. Just be careful you don't try to lower the top if there's stuff in the cargo area. You might break something.

Thanks guys ! It is working for now, I was able to glue it back in place but it is just a matter of time before it fails again. I am obsessed with this car!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom