Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Changing speedometer cluster

1BADXLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Xenon Blue XLR
Need some help, Im planning on throwing the '09 speedometer cluster in my '05. But my '05 will have a '06 xlr-v dash in it. The speedometer connections and mounts look just like my '05, so it should work. Just wondering if anyone has any information on this, and will the computer accept the change as far as all information that can be pulled up, as well as actual mileage of the car stays the same. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You,
-Nick

Hi Nick, did you end up switching out your gauge cluster? I'm very interested in doing this for my 2005. Was wondering how difficult and expensive it is to do?

No I never got a chance to switch them, want to do it when I get back from my deployment.... going to japan for 2 years. let me know if you follow through with this, im sure it isnt a hard project.

The parts are at least $550+ from GMPARTSDIRECT. I might try using a vendor to swap out just the gauge faces, although I get the sense there is very little aftermarket support.

Was thinking of replacing my cluster (has some blemishes). Has anyone actually replaced one? Level of difficulty? Tips? Thanks.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom