Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Considering Selling

JT112673

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Silver XLR-V (SOLD FEB 2012)
I'm considering selling my Silver 2006 XLR-V. I'm getting close to 28,000 miles and the CPO expires next March. I really only drive her about once every few weeks and just bought a house, so could probably use the money for something else. I guess I'm just asking for advice on risking keeping her and the risks of a multi-thousand dollar repair after the CPO expires... Would I do better selling now so a new owner has the CPO to rely on for their break in period or just wait until spring and keep her stored in the garage until then...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

As a side note - I've never had any issues with the car including the battery issues I've read about on here...

Thanks,
JT

JT,

It's kind of a tough call. It really depends upon how much you love/enjoy the car.

Even though you only drive it once every few weeks - how do you feel when you climb in, and get ready to take her out for a drive?

When you're driving - how do you feel?

When you park her for the night, and call it a day, how do you feel?

If you get a little excited when you're getting ready to go for a drive, and you feel like you had a great day after driving her all day long, then there's your answer: if you sell the car, you'll probably have regrets down the road.

If, while driving her, it's not much different than driving your "daily driver", then now might be a good time to put her up for sale.

Putting money and CPO aside, at the end of the day, it really comes down to how much enjoyment you get out of driving and owning the car.

Not to sound too harsh, or judgemental, but...

If you have to ask, you already have your answer.

For me, I would only sell my XLR under 3 conditions :

1. I really needed the money.

2. I physically couldn't drive my XLR.

3. I didn't enjoy driving my XLR anymore.

Hope you make the right decision!

Sounds like you plan on selling her, just deciding between now or next spring. There is some benefit selling a car with a CPO, but I had greater comfort in reviewing the history of repairs previously accomplished. Put it up for sale now and see what happens.
I don't drive mine very often either, but it sure is fun when I do, and every time we even think about selling it Tracy votes no, and in my heart I don't want to either. Our problem is there isn't room for any more cars without selling something else, and I guess I haven't found anything I want enough to sell my XLR.
Bruce

Thank you for the thoughts and I guess my thoughts were just reinforced... I guess I'll have to let passion guide my decision, but will let ya'll know if she goes on sale...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom