Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Convertible Top Hydraulics

LSNot

Since I decided to keep my xLR, I am pulling all of the top Hydraulics out. I never seen them work, the front pair of lines running to the latch on the convertible top were cut when the car was vandalized(before me getting it).

Everything else looks intact - I am removing all of the lines without cutting them, so everything aside from the top latch cylinder & the 2 lines I should have out of my car shortly

Anyone need any of this stuff?

Howdy - welcome. :)

Might I suggest you reconsider and perhaps visit Top Hydraulics (links abound here), and you could replace those two lines for $200 or so.

I am probably one of the few people who would consider gutting the top workings completely, having done my time with convertibles, not to mention I find the system horrifically over-complicated, poorly programmed, and much too heavy. -But-, it's a big feature of the XLR and unless you're absolutely positively certain it's a 'till death do us part' sort of thing between you and your XLR, gutting the system would really lower its value when it comes to resale time. :(

As you please of course, and if you're considering pitching the stuff, Top Hydraulics might offer you something for the lot (I have no idea if they would but it is after all, their forté).

If they are not interested and you just want it out of your hair, sure, I'd take the lot if you're pitching it or want little to nothing for it - just to play with or maybe seal it all up air-tight so in 20 years when the museum of petroleum powered cars wants bits for their show car, I could donate it all.

Food for thought though I must say, do chew on that first idea for a spell. ;)

Gord :thumbsup

The stuff is a gonner, I have no prob pulling/pushing the top up/down with the wife

This car is a complete rehab project, that I'm doing in my vision < it has a long way to go

I have not seen any of the cylinders being sold anywhere, I see the ridiculously priced pumps & other parts on eBay - but, I strongly doubt anyone is out buyin em

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom