Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

CT6 Release Delay

ccclarke

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2013 Graphite Metallic XTS Platinum
From all of the preliminary reviews, the new CT6 looks like a winner. It's priced low, ($54k for a base model) and can be optioned with many innovative features, topping out in the low 90's. The US release date has long been reported as March 1st, (tomorrow) but none have been seen yet --other than a few test mules in the wild, and display models on trade show floors.

Apparently, the CT6 is having production issues relating to bond yielding at attachments points. While not official, the projected release date closer to 1 June. The CT6 was recently released in China. One would think the manufacturing process should be identical, so what gives? Meanwhile, excited buyers wait in the wings for what should be a great new model.

What will be interesting to watch is how CT6 sales compare against the similarly-sized XTS sedan, which outsold the CTS last month. The XTS is due to be phased out in 2019 after a six-year production run.

CCC :wave:

Last edited:
We are seeing several CT6 commercials on TV, but have yet to see one on the dealer lots.... From the ads, they look very stylish. Owning six vehicles, all two doors, a CT6 may well be a venture we need to look at and sell off a couple of other two-door vehicles....

The few regular-people-driver reviews posted have been very positive. So far no actual owners have posted yet, but that should change as more vehicles make it to dealer lots. This could well be my next Cadillac when heavily-discounted, CPO, off-lease cars show up in three years. Until then, I'll be eye-balling owner impressions and watching for bugs, since it's a first-year model.

CC

after initial reviews start to come in,,,,,

CC ,,, Good advice! I'll do the same,,,will not buy new due to 15% immediate value loss, *sales tax, and the shameful Dealer Doc Fee (which is 98% BS)

I would look for a 2-3 year old model from a private owner with low miles, and clean Carfax.

* AZ has no sales tax collected when buying from a private owner

My preference for used Cadillacs has shifted over to off-lease vehicles due to the piece of mind with the a CPO warranty (6-years/70,000 miles) and the thorough inspection each car receives before it is gets the CPO stamp of approval.

This indicates GM thinks it's in good enough condition to not lose money on the warranty.

If the depreciation rate on the CT6 is anything like the rest of Cadillac's line-up, I will be looking for a CT6 Platinum (with 34-speaker PanaRay stereo!) for less than half the MSRP at that point, just like I scored with my XTS last year. The XLR beat it hands-down in the exterior looks department, but for everyday driving, (I need AWD here) comfort, and amenities, the XTS is light-years ahead. I'm very happy with the vehicle so far. The CT6 ought to be even better.

CC :wave:

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry