Sorry about the pics, but here are the weights (total):

32640_.jpg

The fronts:13" rotors

32641_.jpg

The 14" rotors;

32644_.jpg

The rear brackets for 14" rotors.

32643_.jpg

The needed brackets to clear massive 14" rotors from Baer. The Baer Corvette Z51 brake upgrade package. The kit bolts right up to the standard Corvette C5s w/o issues, however you'll need 19/20 wheel combo to clear. As you can see, the Baer Eradi speed rotors/brackets still have the original ID stickers on some of them. From what Mike told me, the Corvette owner had about 17,000 miles on them before he wreaked the car.

I've joined this forum in May of 2013, but I'm finding it challenging to find a thread dedicated to after market wheels on our XLR/XLRV here. Instead of searching throughout the forum why not post the pictures in one thread (if there's another threads similar to this I do apologize). Anyway, if you can list the specs that would be great, but if not that's okay too. I've found that most of the info is missing or over looked, but at least it can point a person in the right direction (link) or for that matter give a visual of how the wheel looks on the XLR/XLRV.

Currently, I'm in the process of mounting my HRE 543R 3-piece wheels and well soon have the visuals (I hope) by next week with the front and back wheel on the XLR. LOL. :lol: Anyway, here are a few that I've found on the internet and I must say, "It makes the XLR look bad to the bone."

Forgeline: 2009 XLRV w/20x9 (f) and 20x9.5 MD3p's

33675_.jpg

33673_.jpg

Forgeline XLRV w/20x8.5 (f) and 20x9.5 (r)

33674_.jpg

33677_.jpg

(I'm not sure of the tires used nor the specs, but no doubt you can call D3 Research and Design via Forgeline Wheels).

During my endless search on the web, I found this mean beauty. It's a D3 build and it sports fender flares on the rear. Aggressive? Yes. Beautiful? You better believe it!

33676_.jpg

:blinzel:

I don't know the specs, but they list mods under the hood, but the visuals are sweet! I love the wheels (which is why I'm posting it.:lol:)

33678_.jpg

I don't know the specs, but if this is your XLR please chime in.

I don't know the specs, but if this is your XLR please chime in.

I believe that one still belongs to D3. They say its the fastest XLR-V with 600HP, but I've called them out several times and they fail to put up. No dyno sheets, no 1/4 mile, no proof.

I do like the widebody, though.

550234F8-F926-433E-83ED-63FAD72C6C72-1317-00000297371FFDAF_zpsf6368ee8.jpg

I found this on eBay. Car is in Louisiana has 15k on odometer. Advertised that it has 530hp and 490rwtq. The car has a lot of suspension big brakes and nice standz. The wing is described as carbon fiber and removable. That's the only thing that doesn't sit we'll. other than that all it's missing is the title in my name.

550234F8-F926-433E-83ED-63FAD72C6C72-1317-00000297371FFDAF_zpsf6368ee8.jpg

I found this on eBay. Car is in Louisiana has 15k on odometer. Advertised that it has 530hp and 490rwtq. The car has a lot of suspension big brakes and nice standz. The wing is described as carbon fiber and removable. That's the only thing that doesn't sit we'll. other than that all it's missing is the title in my name.
Everything about this car looks great but I agree with you in one way. The wing!!!! I'm glad they said the wing is removable. I would have them remove that right away if i had it. Why would anyone put a wing/spoiler on these cars? It disrupts the lines on the car. Especially that big of wing. The other day i was out with my hungarian friend. He told me that i should put a wing on mine. I said the taillight area is the wing! also I think the wing would disrupt the weight of the trunk when trying to raise or lower the roof?

Here's another beautiful picture of a XLRV w/after market wheels.

33679_.jpg

BTW; less bantering and better pictures please. ;)

33682_.jpg

XLRV

Forgeline wheels:

Specs:?

Yep

Everything about this car looks great but I agree with you in one way. The wing!!!! I'm glad they said the wing is removable. I would have them remove that right away if i had it. Why would anyone put a wing/spoiler on these cars? It disrupts the lines on the car. Especially that big of wing. The other day i was out with my hungarian friend. He told me that i should put a wing on mine. I said the taillight area is the wing! also I think the wing would disrupt the weight of the trunk when trying to raise or lower the roof?
You're right on all accounts, plus that era is long gone but it did have it's run. My 69 Cobra Ram Air Mustang was one of the first one and that's 44 years ago.......damn, that's really a good run. The dingle dong balls across the top of windows, hula gal on the dash, fender feelers, spinner hub caps, suicide knobs, fender skirts & suction cup birds on the vent windows have gone the way of the great buffalo. BTW, the buffalo are coming back, I hope the others don't.:lol::lol: Sorry, I guess this dribble shouldn't be here. I apologize.

33684_.jpg

XLRV

Specs: unknown, but judging by the big brake package I'd say at least 20" wheels and appears to be the same XLR previously posted but on a "roll" pic above.

33711_.jpg

:blinzel: Looks like he's "on it.":D

33717_.jpg

Now that is just too sweet!

33720_.jpg

:cool: Way too cool!

33719_.jpg

:rocker: XLRV w/HRE wheels

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership