Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Does Corsa exhaust system fit 2007 XLR-V ?

V-zoom

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Light Platinum XLR-V
Hi All, I'm new to the group having only purchased my 2007 XLR-V in December 2016. I have already learned so much from you guys it's incredible. I do have a problem I hope you can help me with.
After reading all the rave reviews about the Corsa exhaust system I tried to get more info. on a system for my 2007 XLR-V. First I went to THMotorsports since that company was mentioned more than once in various threads. Their webpage indicated that the Corsa system only fits XLR's from 2004 to 2006 and not V's. They steered me to a Magnaflow 16794 system. Does anyone know if the Corsa system will in fact fit a 2007 V or not? Has anyone actually installed one on a V ? I also checked some other sellers: Jegs, Summit racing, J.C. Whitney all with the same result. Only Amazon said the Corsa would fit but I buy a lot from Amazon and have found many errors in their descriptions. Has anyone on this website installed a Magnaflow system and if so how do you rate it? Any help from you knowledgeable people would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Bruce (V-zoom)

As cc states you should call Corsa. I do know their system will work on the V, as there are a few on here that have done it, and I have seen one in person. There is a different x pipe you need if I remember correctly. You also lose the butterfly exhaust valves with the Corsa system on the V. Popbigguy has it on his V. He also installed it himself and did a write up with pictures.

I have the Corsa kit on my '06 V an it works perfectly. I don't know of any changes between 06/07 that would impede your successful installation. I called Corsa before installing mine because it was not spec'd for the "V". I was told "officially" that they did NOT test it on the V series and would not warrant any such installation. "Off the record" this same rep. told me it should be a problem but to have a good muffler shop do the install. Make sure they properly cap the vacuum lines that were used to open the butterfly valve in the legacy resonators. I had the pros at Morse Muffler in Burbank, CA do my install and they were great. The sound is perfect!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XLR Exhaust

I just installed the MagnaFlow 16794 kit on my 09 XLR. Fit was very good, able to do the whole install in an afternoon on jack stands in my garage. Toughest part was getting the factory square exhaust tips off. Went with the new 4-round chrome tips with the kit. I like the sound, nice low rumble and idle and not loud at normal cruise speed, has a nice growl when you put your foot into it.

I just installed the MagnaFlow 16794 kit on my 09 XLR. Fit was very good, able to do the whole install in an afternoon on jack stands in my garage. Toughest part was getting the factory square exhaust tips off. Went with the new 4-round chrome tips with the kit. I like the sound, nice low rumble and idle and not loud at normal cruise speed, has a nice growl when you put your foot into it.

Post some pics!

MagnaFlow Exhaust on 2009

photos attached MagnaFlow kit.

Attachments

• IMG_0436.JPG
    IMG_0436.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 441
Thanks! Was curious how the round tips would look in place of the square/rectangle.

Does Corsa exhaust system fit 2007 XLR V ?

XLRatimg
Dont forget that picture is a 09. Looks a little different than ours. I also wonder if he installed the Magna flow cat back or there cat manifolds also? When I checked with Magnaflow a few years ago they suggested there system with there header type cats. They also did not check them for increased hp on the V,s. I never installed Magnaflow because at the time they were back ordered on left Cat manifolds. Also if you install there system you could not keep your heat shields. They assured me I would not need them because they had better flow and eliminated the cast iron factor of our manifolds. Just throwing that out there!! :dunno:
V Happy

Exhaust system

I used the cat-back kit. all the factory heat shields stayed in place. The O2 sensor was not relocated since it is in front of the flange. The mufflers are polished stainless steel and much smaller than the factory ones, this allowed for plenty of air space and room to adjust for fit.

I'm wondering if anyone has used the Magnaflow headers and cat back system on a XLR V ? Seems to me it would be a sweet addition to any XLR. If anyone out there has used this system we would like to hear from your experience.
V Happy:blinzel:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back