Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Driver's Side Headlight Assembly For Sale

MGibson.MSO

I have a complete parts kit for a driver’s side headlight assembly to sell. The parts are salvaged from my 2007 XLR. The outer lens shows significant crazing, and in 2020 it developed substantial cracks as the result of weathering. The other pieces include the ballast from a replacement headlight assembly manufactured in 2010, along with harnesses and lamps, including a newer OSSAM xenon bulb.

I replaced the cracked headlight assembly with a salvaged unit manufactured in 2010 that came out of another vehicle. (Although XLRs were no longer manufactured in 2010, they were apparently still making replacement headlights, and this one found its way into an older XLR that eventually landed in a salvage yard.) The mechanic swapped the ballasts on the two assemblies when he installed the replacement in my 2007.

When fully assembled, this headlight should function normally, although the outer lens has the cosmetic defects mentioned earlier.

XLR enthusiasts should be aware of the headlight concerns. The outer lenses of the assemblies and the inner DRL lens on early versions are prone to failure. Replacement headlights are very expensive (I paid over $5,000 for mine). But salvage parts are available, and there is a well-known vendor who claims to be able to disassemble and reassemble headlights with failed lenses. Finding a satisfactory outer lens is the toughest hurdle to using that service. They’re out there, but you’ve got look for them. Another vendor claims to be able to provide 3D printed replacement outer lenses, but doesn’t seem to have much of a following.

This parts collection should provide a functional replacement for a driver’s side headlight and go a long way toward a spiffy, remanufactured lens. I will accept bids for the kit through the end of the day on April 4, then notify the winner. Thanks for your interest.

IMG_6920.jpeg

IMG_6921.jpeg

IMG_6922.jpeg

IMG_6923.jpeg

IMG_6924.jpeg

IMG_6926.jpeg

IMG_6927.jpeg

IMG_6928.jpeg

IMG_6929.jpeg

Did you receive any bids? Did you sell it? Who is the vendor claiming to be able to disassemble?

There was very little interest in the parts. I wound up passing them on to another enthusiast for the cost of shipping. For headlight repair, you might try iqheadlights. I have no direct experience with their service.

M

No no no. On iq headlights he never paid me for two sets of lens I advanced him to use and pay me as he needed more.plus one customer from California Mr Caddilac sent him two headlights and he never returned them.we are both pressing forward with law inforcement.sad as he did do good work at a reasonable price.

90% sure that's the guy that stole parts from me and two headlights from a member. Private message me and I will give you a name if anyone is thinking of using him.The member has a warrant out for him if we can find his address.

90% sure that's the guy that stole parts from me and two headlights from a member. Private message me and I will give you a name if anyone is thinking of using him.The member has a warrant out for him if we can find his address.

Untitled

Address:
15500 Voss Rd Unit CPA22+, Sugar Land, TX 77498, USA
Email:
frankolvera114@gmail.com
Phone:
(832) 939-7925
I don't know if this helps

Yep. Anyone doing business with this person needs to go in with you eyes wide open. I can provide contact for the member who lost their headlights.

I was thinking about doing the burnt lenses but not now!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom