Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

drivers side new oem taillight

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeytee

Seasoned Member
I have a new oem taillight for sale. Its still in the box. I am looking for 3000$ but will only sell to someone needing one. You will need to show me that you have a car in need. Not for a reseller. I also will be interested in your old one no matter the condition and will give you something for it. I will buy any old taillights in any condition. even if busted or just one led hanging down. I am manufacturing some new custom lights and will be selling them soon. I also have the lens that gets damaged in the headlights being tested now to make sure its going to last. I would welcome any input. I just left the BMW community where I made a lot of parts for older Z3 and e36 cars. Now I am new to the xlr club so email me direct if you like at 507BMW@gmail.com.

I know this is the For Sale forum, but have you looked at the used prices for XLRs?

It's great that you are having parts made, but do you think the dropping prices of used XLRs will afford you any sales of a new $3000 headlight or tail light?

I'm not putting you down, or trying to argue, I would just like to see if your previous experience with BMWs would make you believe you can sell parts at those prices? $3k sounds like a price you won't get from Insurance companies. The calculation to total a car that has a diminishing value and is over 10 plus year old will probably be hit pretty quickly if a headlight or tail light alone cost them $3k..

I do think an internal lens and external lens replacement service for the headlights, if not super expensive, would probably do well. From what I've seen, those are going to be the big problems going forward as XLRs get older.

I have a new oem taillight for sale. Its still in the box. I am looking for 3000$ but will only sell to someone needing one. You will need to show me that you have a car in need. Not for a reseller. I also will be interested in your old one no matter the condition and will give you something for it. I will buy any old taillights in any condition. even if busted or just one led hanging down. I am manufacturing some new custom lights and will be selling them soon. I also have the lens that gets damaged in the headlights being tested now to make sure its going to last. I would welcome any input. I just left the BMW community where I made a lot of parts for older Z3 and e36 cars. Now I am new to the xlr club so email me direct if you like at 507BMW@gmail.com.

I know this is the For Sale forum, but have you looked at the used prices for XLRs?

It's great that you are having parts made, but do you think the dropping prices of used XLRs will afford you any sales of a new $3000 headlight or tail light?

I'm not putting you down, or trying to argue, I would just like to see if your previous experience with BMWs would make you believe you can sell parts at those prices? $3k sounds like a price you won't get from Insurance companies. The calculation to total a car that has a diminishing value and is over 10 plus year old will probably be hit pretty quickly if a headlight or tail light alone cost them $3k..

I do think an internal lens and external lens replacement service for the headlights, if not super expensive, would probably do well. From what I've seen, those are going to be the big problems going forward as XLRs get older.

Well you need to catch up. If you check ebay 4 used ones have sold for 3300$ in the last week. So my new one for less is well within the asking prices. They cannot be had. SO you bust your taillight and the insurance company totals your car. Yes, there is a 35,000 valued xlr just totaled for 2 taillights and 2 headlights broken . The owner would not have parted with that car for anything but now has to. I have seen the salvage value equal and almost exceed the wholesale value of the cars when they just have the 4 good lights. So DAvid I welcome your comment as I asked for but check it out. You may want to sell your taillights and put some red masking tape over the holes and drive that bad boy

Last edited:
Insurance

I will post this in another thread but I have heard of people not being able to insure their xlr due the obsolete parts and the fact a headlight may total the car.

I can't find any lights selling in the last 2 weeks for $3k.

Just one guy that keeps dreaming he can sell it for $3k. And another one that "accepted" something less (probably far less).

Do you have links to the ones that did sell for $3k?

Thanks.

cadillac xlr tail -smoked -vinyl | eBay

Well you need to catch up. If you check ebay 4 used ones have sold for 3300$ in the last week. So my new one for less is well within the asking prices. They cannot be had. SO you bust your taillight and the insurance company totals your car. Yes, there is a 35,000 valued xlr just totaled for 2 taillights and 2 headlights broken . The owner would not have parted with that car for anything but now has to. I have seen the salvage value equal and almost exceed the wholesale value of the cars when they just have the 4 good lights. So DAvid I welcome your comment as I asked for but check it out. You may want to sell your taillights and put some red masking tape over the holes and drive that bad boy

I can't find any lights selling in the last 2 weeks for $3k.

Just one guy that keeps dreaming he can sell it for $3k. And another one that "accepted" something less (probably far less).

Do you have links to the ones that did sell for $3k?

Thanks.

cadillac xlr tail -smoked -vinyl | eBay
well just mark it and watch. If you look under xlr taillights as you did. then sold ,then used you will see them .3600, 3000. 3400 twice best offer accepted was 3000 each. so these dreamers are not really dreaming. Then someone sold a pair at around 650 which is all I really think they are worth and some poor guy sold one for like 50$ boo hoo. That's for used ones been in the sun. Mine is new. I will tell you what. I will put it on there for 3300 which gives me the 3000 I am offering here and if it does not sell in 2 weeks I will give you 500$. If it does, you will give me 500$. sound fair?

I'll go down to Tractor Supply and buy a $10 tail light for a trailer and bolt it on the back of my XLR before I would pay $3,000 for one!

I had them about ready to go for 300 each side but have since moved on to another product that I am getting great response to from the Ford Thunderbird folks. Great crowd over there , Unlike the put downs I got here.

I had them about ready to go for 300 each side but have since moved on to another product that I am getting great response to from the Ford Thunderbird folks. Great crowd over there , Unlike the put downs I got here.

I've been on Thunderbirdnest.com for 10 years. If that's the one you refer to you'll find the same types there as you do here. Keep up with that 3000$ stuff on there, you'll get laughed off there as well.

Last edited:
And this is a private response I received...

mickeytee said:
well apparently people cannot read. I made a very good offer to take their old one in trade. I have sold 2 at 3000$ And traded one new one for a used one and 800$ plus about 6 have sold for more than that on ebay so that must be the value. I am laughing with the nay sayers all the way to the bank as I have a source for a dozen more if needed or I want to spend my time on selling them. I am retired and do not need any money. I have more than I need. Proceeds actually go to a very worthy medical center in Nashville. Just like to find ways to help people and enjoy what I am doing with my spare time hobby. XLR folks don't need any help. T-bird guys have welcomed me with open arms and my 2 projects there have been well supported. Actually gotten many positive feedbacks from people there who read the posts on xlr. Goodbye

Nice job guys...:rolleyes:

I would like to ask what you're trying to do here on XLR-NET Rob?

Because this is the second guy that blew in here, tried to sell something, then blew out that you think we "drove away" that I can remember.

I've been on bulletin boards, web forums and even usenet. I've seen these sorts of people. They are not coming here for the community, they are coming here for the money.

I get it, it's your site, you can do what you wish. And right now it's the best XLR site there is. But if you take the side of people that come in here to make a buck over your regulars, eventually you won't have any regulars.

This mickeytee hadn't spent tens of thousands of dollars for the injection molds it would take to make new tail lights, do you really believe that? That he spent tens of thousands of dollars, and ran away from that investment because he didn't like people getting angry at him for scooping up parts then blackmailing people for them? SOMEONE bought 2 tail lights on Ebay for $600 each, then turned RIGHT AROUND and re-listed them for $3k. Are you on their side? Or ours?

I asked him a valid question and he attacked me, you seem to be sticking up for him now. I would just like to get some idea of where you're coming from on all this.

And this is a private response I received...

Nice job guys...:rolleyes:

I have a spare set of new oem tail lights I bought before they were discontinued. How much do you think they are worth now?

I would like to ask what you're trying to do here on XLR-NET Rob?

Because this is the second guy that blew in here, tried to sell something, then blew out that you think we "drove away" that I can remember.

I've been on bulletin boards, web forums and even usenet. I've seen these sorts of people. They are not coming here for the community, they are coming here for the money.

I get it, it's your site, you can do what you wish. And right now it's the best XLR site there is. But if you take the side of people that come in here to make a buck over your regulars, eventually you won't have any regulars.

This mickeytee hadn't spent tens of thousands of dollars for the injection molds it would take to make new tail lights, do you really believe that? That he spent tens of thousands of dollars, and ran away from that investment because he didn't like people getting angry at him for scooping up parts then blackmailing people for them? SOMEONE bought 2 tail lights on Ebay for $600 each, then turned RIGHT AROUND and re-listed them for $3k. Are you on their side? Or ours?

I asked him a valid question and he attacked me, you seem to be sticking up for him now. I would just like to get some idea of where you're coming from on all this.

Yep, I've been on bulletin boards, web forums and usenet as well. You're right - some do not come for the community. Some come just to sell. So what?

Parts are getting harder and harder to come by for these cars - so if someone has developed a part, or has a source for parts, and they just want to sell them - how is that hurting the community?

Do some people just want to rape the customer? Absolutely. However, some don't. Some just want to make money. Last time I checked, there's nothing wrong with that. Yet, on every automotive forum web site I've been on, as soon as someone comes along selling parts, there's always a few people that have to jump down their throat.

And I found a few links on EBAY:

NEW OEM CADILLAC XLR ALL MODELS DRIVER SIDE LEFT TAIL LAMP, , TAILLIGHT | eBay

2004-2009 Cadillac XLR RH Rear Taillight Tail Light Lamp 10360931 15859111 Right

04-09 CADILLAC XLR DRIVER SIDE LEFT TAIL LAMP, GM PN: 10360930, BENCH TESTED | eBay

2005 Cadillac XLR left tail light. | eBay

I actually think David B and Rexster are ridulous. These guys actually ruin the forum by interfering in the sale threads.

If you don't like the price of his tail light, move along. The OP did nothing wrong by asking a price for his tail light. If you don't like it; too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry