Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Driver's window

tyrone

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
06 red xlr
I lowered both window before I disconnected the battery so, they would not hang up on the top's weatherstripping. Now the driver's window will not raise with the use of the door switch. The passenger window works just fine. I can't lower the top probably due the driver's window is being a PIA. The trunk opens just fine, just can't lower the top. Does that sound like a door module problem? The window motor and regulator are all one piece with the door module.....nice. Help, anyone have similar issues? Any ideas? No tech 2 in my garage.

You need to re-index the windows. After disconnecting the battery, it no longer knows where the upper limit is for the window. Re-Indexing
- With the car running, lower both windows simultaneously, and when it reaches bottom, hold for 5 seconds
- immediately raise the windows until they reach the top and hold for 5 seconds

You are done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for responding to my question. I've already re-index the passenger side , it works fine , no problem. The driver side had no movement until I did something stupid...... I closed the driver's door and everything works as it should. You gota love it. Probably $400.00 to $500.00 fix at a dealer. Thanks.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom