Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

electrical issue

fatherhymo

My XLR/V(s)
2006 xlr-v
hi all, i need help. i acquired a 2006 xlr-v with 39000 miles . there are numerous electrical issues and i am being told by an outstanding mechanic that there are skeletons in the closet on this car and to get rid of it.....im into it $33,500..........right window not operating correctly, seats not staying in their controlled position and a few other ghostly issues that no one can figure out...............what am i missing?.....are these issues common in the xor-v...i have put in a new ECM and new fuel system.....i had a 2006 xlr and NO issues at all......im sick tom stomach over this....ron.......

hi all, i need help. i acquired a 2006 xlr-v with 39000 miles . there are numerous electrical issues and i am being told by an outstanding mechanic that there are skeletons in the closet on this car and to get rid of it.....im into it $33,500..........right window not operating correctly, seats not staying in their controlled position and a few other ghostly issues that no one can figure out...............what am i missing?.....are these issues common in the xor-v...i have put in a new ECM and new fuel system.....i had a 2006 xlr and NO issues at all......im sick tom stomach over this....ron.......
Replacing the battery (or at least getting it checked thoroughly) is a starting point, as XLR's display many gremlins with a poor battery fitted. However, you do state "an outstanding mechanic" and at that point it does point to more serious problems, sad to say. If there are no codes, it suggests wiring loom problems or possibly a defective memory module.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom