Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Exhaust Filler Plate

jjsea55

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior
I bought one of the American Car Craft Preforated Exhaust Filler Plates mentioned here a few weeks ago. The thing looks good and appears to be as advertised. I'm curious if anyone else has taken this plunge and has installed theirs? I have mine positioned but have not "affixed" it yet. There is a kinda curious "clamping" technique used with two bolts and nuts and I'm working with the designer to be sure that I don't damage the item. As it is new, there were no printed instructions included... just his phone number. I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out... success responses appreciated!

Picture picture need a picture! :D

I bought one of the American Car Craft Preforated Exhaust Filler Plates mentioned here a few weeks ago. The thing looks good and appears to be as advertised. I'm curious if anyone else has taken this plunge and has installed theirs? I have mine positioned but have not "affixed" it yet. There is a kinda curious "clamping" technique used with two bolts and nuts and I'm working with the designer to be sure that I don't damage the item. As it is new, there were no printed instructions included... just his phone number. I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out... success responses appreciated!

I just took the plunge myself today, I also purchased some of their engine dress up items. :cool:

Unfortunately I had to cancel my order wth ACC for their stainless exhaust filler plate. It seems the product they are currently offering will only fit the OEM exhaust. They can custom make one for the Corsa exhaust, but they need a car to get the exact measurements.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Doesn't appear to fit the OEM exhaust, either. :dunno:

Exhaust filler plate

:mad:
I just took the plunge myself today, I also purchased some of their engine dress up items. :cool:
I bought one of them and I also bought the radiator chrome covers! None of them work and I talked to Car Carcraft and all the installs they have used the radiator covers were on XLR V cars and on the XLR you have to take apart your intake to install them well and then you will only see about an inch or more once the intake is back in place!
The exhaust filler plate says down below on the add in big black letters that these are for round tail pipes only! But if you notice every picture is on a car with oval tail pipes like my XLR! they are completely rude and are nasty to deal with! If you car has oval tail pipes this thing will not fit! I have had mine on a lift with 3 mechanics who work on hot rods and classic cars and they could not find a way to make it fit!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom