Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Extended Warranty

Robby

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR
I recently purchased a 2006 XLR and am interested in purchasing an extended warranty Can anyone recommend a good company and what it might cost. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club. I am a newbie too (August this year) and have been thru this exercise on warranties. You might want to try the search function on this forum. It may help, but I've found the results to be as varied as the providers. It seems to me to be somewhat of a crapshoot finding one that will hopefully meet your needs/pocketbook. These cars cry for an extended warranty as they can be very costly to maintain, but the warranty providers are well aware of this too and most have exclusions that address most key issues.
So far, i believe i was fortunate to find a "good one" and have decided to gamble but you will read of several on this site that have been very lucky having their warranty. Wish there were a for sure answer to this question, but Ive not found it.

I'm getting ready to find out about the extended warranty I bought through the dealer after replacing a split plastic radiator tank today.

QUOTE=rexster314;63979]I'm getting ready to find out about the extended warranty I bought through the dealer after replacing a split plastic radiator tank today.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in hearing the outcome. Hope it's in your favor.

Welcome to the club. I am a newbie too (August this year) and have been thru this exercise on warranties. You might want to try the search function on this forum. It may help, but I've found the results to be as varied as the providers. It seems to me to be somewhat of a crapshoot finding one that will hopefully meet your needs/pocketbook. These cars cry for an extended warranty as they can be very costly to maintain, but the warranty providers are well aware of this too and most have exclusions that address most key issues.
So far, i believe i was fortunate to find a "good one" and have decided to gamble but you will read of several on this site that have been very lucky having their warranty. Wish there were a for sure answer to this question, but Ive not found it.

Phil 101. What company did you go with?

So far, none. I've read some good results and lots of bad results so I think I'm gonna gamble. If you research the list of providers, then research the reviews of those providers it may help with your decision. It's a big risk either way in my eyes.

QUOTE=rexster314;63979]I'm getting ready to find out about the extended warranty I bought through the dealer after replacing a split plastic radiator tank today.

I'd be interested in hearing the outcome. Hope it's in your favor.[/QUOTE]

Long winded, but here's my story. Last week I noticed a puddle of coolant under the left front hood area. I replaced the coolant after not being able to find a leak. Next day after about 15 mins of driving the low coolant message came on the DIC. I took it straight to a local shop who runs a very popular shop and has years of experience. Not on XLR's but a lot of Corvettes come into his place. Anyway, after lifting the hood and telling him where the puddles of coolant were he started looking at the radiator's driver side and quickly found a split in the plastic tank of the radiator. So made an appointment with him and he had no problem if I ordered the radiator myself. Amazon had an AC Delco replacement and I bought that one instead of aftermarket OEM's that were way cheaper. I broached the subject of the warranty I had in place and the owner didn't really want to deal with the paperwork (couldn't blame him) so after I got it repaired yesterday (brought it in at 8am and picked up at 3pm) I came home and started the process of making a claim. The company I have the ESP with is Premier Dealer Services and I have what's called the Comprehensive Plan which is almost the same as a car's B2B warranty. So last night I emailed the receipt and CC sales slip along with the invoice for the radiator to the company. This morning I called the company and made sure that they had received my email (they had) and that it contained all the information needed to make a claim (it did). The CS rep advised the claim will be processed within 30 days and most likely in a couple of weeks. I will make sure I update when the payment is received.

I'd be interested in hearing the outcome. Hope it's in your favor.

Long winded, but here's my story. Last week I noticed a puddle of coolant under the left front hood area. I replaced the coolant after not being able to find a leak. Next day after about 15 mins of driving the low coolant message came on the DIC. I took it straight to a local shop who runs a very popular shop and has years of experience. Not on XLR's but a lot of Corvettes come into his place. Anyway, after lifting the hood and telling him where the puddles of coolant were he started looking at the radiator's driver side and quickly found a split in the plastic tank of the radiator. So made an appointment with him and he had no problem if I ordered the radiator myself. Amazon had an AC Delco replacement and I bought that one instead of aftermarket OEM's that were way cheaper. I broached the subject of the warranty I had in place and the owner didn't really want to deal with the paperwork (couldn't blame him) so after I got it repaired yesterday (brought it in at 8am and picked up at 3pm) I came home and started the process of making a claim. The company I have the ESP with is Premier Dealer Services and I have what's called the Comprehensive Plan which is almost the same as a car's B2B warranty. So last night I emailed the receipt and CC sales slip along with the invoice for the radiator to the company. This morning I called the company and made sure that they had received my email (they had) and that it contained all the information needed to make a claim (it did). The CS rep advised the claim will be processed within 30 days and most likely in a couple of weeks. I will make sure I update when the payment is received.[/QUOTE]

Well that's GREAT NEWS for you and encouraging to me regarding your carrier. I'll have to look into them as I don't believe that's one I had heard of previously.

Question - is the plastic tank you're referring to the radiator surge tank with the waffle top on it on the driver side? Doesn't look like that should be much of a job to replace if that's it.

No, not the surge tank on the inside fender. The radiator itself has a plastic tank which is attached to the cooling fins of the radiator. At first I thought it was a faulty sensor on the surge tank giving the message of low coolant in the DIC

No, not the surge tank on the inside fender. The radiator itself has a plastic tank which is attached to the cooling fins of the radiator. At first I thought it was a faulty sensor on the surge tank giving the message of low coolant in the DIC

Makes more sense now. Should have known, it's never the easy fix huh!

I purchased my '06 XLR-V from a Lexus dealer in Bakersfield CA. Included in the deal was a $0 deductible 4 Year/50K mile Lexus Platinum Used Car Warranty through Toyota Motor Credit.

During my first week with the car the CD Changer went TU which was covered under warranty.

Then, last week, I had a new retractable top pump/motor module installed, as well as a brand new radiator, and even new hood struts all covered under warranty.

I'm so grateful I insisted on getting this from the dealer on day one.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom