Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

front end protection

corv75

What's the best thing to use for front end protection. Don't care for the la bra deal.

We have 3M Paint Protection clear bra on a couple of our cars. Had it professionally installed, though in theory you can do it yourself. Can't see it at all on our black XLR, but I will say it's more noticeable on my light blue CTS. Something to consider since your car is silver. That said, when we recently had the lights done on the CTS the installer said 3M had come out with a much thinner film & my guess is it would be less noticeable.

Regardless, on my daily driver CTS the clear bra is definitely less noticeable than the shotgun blasted front end appearance of my prior car - the trade off is worth it.

Thanks I'll look for the for the thinner 3m protection.

3M clear bra on the nose and partial hood covering,,,,plus the mirrors. So far, has done its job but I would rather have a high quality black leather bra but unable to find a maker. Our C6 Vette has a GM material bra that is top quality....wish GM made one for the XLR.

I have Xpel on multiple cars, including my XLR-V, and really like it. I've seen the self healing work. Whatever brand consider A pillars, driving lights, mirrors, leading edge near rear wheels and inside the door finger pocket. I also had it put on the headlights, but that required using something thinner than the rest because of the extreme curves.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom