Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fuel Door won't open

First Robin

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Platinum/Ebony,2011DTS,Platinum Edition White Diamond.
Stopped to fuel up this morning and the door would not open, tried the manual release and still no luck. Came home, phoned the dealer and took it in. Two and a half hours later, finally got it opened. The cord that is attatched to the gas cap had gotten caught and pinched in the part that releases the door. The tech that worked on it used a thin piece of wood to work his way inside the door and move the cord out of the way. They told me this was a first for them. Moral of this story, always watch where the cord is as you close the door.

That's good info for almost everyone as most gas caps have that plastic piece--I'll have to check closely before I slam the door shut.

i think given enought time the plastic tie ends up broken,maybe we should cut it off?? we never had them back when.just my 2cts.

Stopped to fuel up this morning and the door would not open, tried the manual release and still no luck. Came home, phoned the dealer and took it in. Two and a half hours later, finally got it opened. The cord that is attatched to the gas cap had gotten caught and pinched in the part that releases the door. The tech that worked on it used a thin piece of wood to work his way inside the door and move the cord out of the way. They told me this was a first for them. Moral of this story, always watch where the cord is as you close the door.

First Robin,

Glad the issue has been taken care of. If you have any quetions, feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you,
Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

Gas tank cover latch not resetting

First Robin,

Glad the issue has been taken care of. If you have any quetions, feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you,
Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

Caron, CAN YOU HELP MY GAS TANK LATCH ISNT RESETTING RIGHT!

2006 XLR V

Gas tank latch

The gas tank latch releases when the button is pressed to open it but it does not come back out so the gas tank door can again close/stay closed. Is this an electrical issue?

Thanks for any help!

Manual release is the key to fixing.

Figured it out with the manual latch in the trunk. Same troubleshooting as the Corvette I guess!

Easy fix. Squirt WD 40 around the square door make sure it squirts inside. Get a friend to push open the door as you hit the door opener!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom