Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GM Abruptly Replaces Head of Cadillac Brand

cubby558

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader
<section class="container"><section class="row">Maybe they'll put someone in there who will start listening to their customers!!
<section class="col-12">Reuters

</section><section class="post-headline-wrapper col-12">GM abruptly replaces head of Cadillac brand

GM abruptly replaces head of Cadillac brand - Business Insider

</section></section></section>

:party

Best news I’ve heard in a LONG time! I couldn’t stand that arrogant you-know-what!

:thumbsup Good move, IMO

Cadillac sales not competing well against BMW, Mercedes, Lexus,,,,,some heads need banged

Last edited:
I think de Nysschen got burned by classic GM-ness — he was doing what GM hired him for, making Cadillac an Americanized Audi with a fleet of mostly look-alike sedans that externally are distinguishable only by different sizing. But GM as usual doesn’t know what it wants, & that plus dealer opposition ended it.

I’ve read criticism post-firing that de Nysschen abandoned Cadillac history & heritage, which is true. In contrast, take a look at the newest Camaro commercials that explicitly celebrate that heritage. Maybe Cadillac needed a fresh start, but there’s still some elements of its history that could be played up.

You mean like when they were "The Standard of the World"! Somewhere they lost their way and don't continue with anything long enough to find their way back to that standard again!

".".....................but there’s still some elements of its history that could be played up.

GM has ruined Cadillac by allowing Buick and even Chevy to sell super expensive and up-scale optioned vehicles.
It used to be you bought a cheaper Chevy, then "moved up" to a Cadillac. But what's the move up now?
You can get heated and cooled seats in a Chevy, covered in leather, with all the electronic bells and whistles you want.
Then, when SUVs where what everyone was buying, they let their real bread making SUVs stay "fancy Chevrolets".
And when people are willing to buy a $120,000 Chevy Corvette, who's buying a performance Cadillac?
They had a terrible plan, building vehicles that were "safe". But really just gussied up Chevy cars and trucks.

Job #1 will be to build the first Cadillac that doesn't look like a Fancy Chevy, and isn't just a watered down copy of a Mercedes.. Build an all new car, with the best inside and out. Unique design. Something you can't get from Chevy, or Toyota OR Mercedes or BMW. Take a chance Cadillac.

Oh, and crank up the tail lights and headlights for the XLR, your best sales people are those that love your cars, not those mad they have to get some other brand because Progressive totaled their XLR due to a chipped tail light.

Decision time factors,,,,

David quote: "Oh, and crank up the tail lights and headlights for the XLR, your best sales people are those that love your cars, not those mad they have to get some other brand because Progressive totaled their XLR due to a chipped tail light."

Lot of truth stated there,,,,, when it came time to downsize the five vehicles that I owned.....the last one I wanted to sell was the XLR. But due to the above situation, it became the first vehicle I sold. Yes, I really miss owning that pristine XLR, but realizing that GM/Cadillac wasn't supporting it's present customer base I now figure I made the correct decision in letting the car go to the next owner

The new guy at Cadillac is Steve Carlisle. He's a former production engineer. Hmm, maybe a few e-mails from XLR owners worried their car will be totaled thanks to GM's lack of foresight?
I do believe we have a much better chance with him than some guy that moved the Cadillac headquarters to NYC and wasn't really a car culture guy... LOL

David quote: "Oh, and crank up the tail lights and headlights for the XLR, your best sales people are those that love your cars, not those mad they have to get some other brand because Progressive totaled their XLR due to a chipped tail light."

Lot of truth stated there,,,,, when it came time to downsize the five vehicles that I owned.....the last one I wanted to sell was the XLR. But due to the above situation, it became the first vehicle I sold. Yes, I really miss owning that pristine XLR, but realizing that GM/Cadillac wasn't supporting it's present customer base I now figure I made the correct decision in letting the car go to the next owner

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom