Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GMPP Coverage

bloomsman

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black XLR
I love my XLR but I am thinking that I better unload this car as soon as possible. Brought this car in November 2009 and have put 2,000 miles on car. I got the GMPP after my warranty ran out. I took the XLR on its first trip out of the local area. We had a number of problems including overheating, bad brake shutter, traction service message coming on, and a piece of trim came off, now they are replacing the water pump because it is leaking. They have told me the brakes (bad rotors, they think) is not covered by plan. Also the piece of trim is not covered by plan. This is my 9th Cadillac and 7 were purchased/leased from this dealer in Alexandria,VA. Have owned Corvettes but thought that the XLR was a step above for comfort, etc. I am in my seventies and not so mechanically inclined and do not want to have to spend a lot of money keeping this car on the road. After all this I still love this car and if anyone can offer me some suggestions I would be grateful. John

Sorry to hear about the issues that you have had. From my experiences with extended warranties is that it all depends on the dealer and if they are willing to work with you. Normal wear and tear items like brake rotors are never covered under warranty. I would think that with all of the business you have given this dealer, they would have worked with you. The trim piece that fell off in my opinion should have been covered under warranty. Moore Cadillac where I take my car for service bends over backwards to make me happy...and I didn't even purchase the car from them. In todays economy a dealers service department is relied upon to sustsain the dealership. I have had repairs done on my XLR under warranty that were not supposed to be covered under warranty.....the Service Manager said that he will get paid and that he wanted to keep my business.

:cool:

GMPP plan

Thanks for your reply. Is this Moore Cadillac in Tysons Corner? Do they have
a good XLR service guy? It is about 15 more miles than Lindsay Cadillac which is about 90 miles from my home. Lindsay has just gotten so big that they seem to have lost that customer service attitude they had years ago. John

Believe it or not my XLR was purchased by the original owner from Lindsey, I am the second owner CPO at 13,000 miles. I know Moore has a dealership in Chantilly, not sure about Tysons Corner. Its a shame that businesses get to a certain point and then they feel that customer satisfaction is secondary to pride or ego.

:cool:

This morning I purchased a GMPP Vehicle Service Contract which extends my coverage for 48 months, 32,000 more miles for $2,415.00. My warranty does not expire until next year so for a year I will have double coverage. The Service Contract has a $50.00 deductible. With the cost of repairs and the problems other forum members have had I felt this was a good thing to do. I was just a few miles under the 24,000 mile marker. The service contract will expire after I am 81 so who knows if I will still be driving by then. My contract is for the Major Guard plan, the very best plan.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom