Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Greetings ! Black Star Question

sixpax12

Hello,

I am not an XLR owner, but have been trying to talk my wife into letting me get one for quite some time :D

Anyway, I was curious if there was a way to tell from the VIN if a 2006 Black XLR is a Raven or a Limited Edition Blackstar ? I think a dealer here has one and they are selling it as Black Raven so maybe they don't know what they have :D

Craig

Hello,

I am not an XLR owner, but have been trying to talk my wife into letting me get one for quite some time :D

Anyway, I was curious if there was a way to tell from the VIN if a 2006 Black XLR is a Raven or a Limited Edition Blackstar ? I think a dealer here has one and they are selling it as Black Raven so maybe they don't know what they have :D

Craig

I believe there were only 250 Star Black limited editions made, the door sill would have a number on it ( 125/250 ) or similar.

GM press release

2006 Cadillac Star Black Limited Edition XLR

(from GM Press Release) Cadillac has announced plans to build a special collectors’ vehicle for the upcoming model year.

As production begins this summer on the 2006 Star Black Limited Edition XLR convertible roadster, 250 of the first cars will become part of the series, each vehicle will have a numbered sill plate to identify its place in the collection. The Limited Edition vehicle was on display during the New York Auto Show in April 2005.

The Limited Edition XLR will boast features available only on the special Black Limited Edition model starting with 18-inch polished chrome wheels and a special metallic paint finish called Star Black.

This variant color of black, which will be available only on the Star Black Limited Edition XLR , is a black paint mixed with a Crystal Silver Xirallic flake. The advantages of this flake, made of aluminum oxide crystals and coated with titanium dioxide (TiO2), are that they are cleaner and more pure then other types of metallic flakes. The Xirallic flake is ideal for reflecting a uniform sparkle when viewed in the sunlight.

“The Star Black Edition is a dynamic example of how we will continue to keep the product fresh while remaining true to the Cadillac brand,” said John Howell, Cadillac’s product director. “Like the Neiman Marcus XLR in 2003, we expect this edition to be a success.”

The two-seater XLR with a retractable hardtop includes a Northstar 4.6L V-8 VVT engine in a rear-wheel drive configuration. The car is also equipped with Magnetic Ride Control, StabiliTrak, adaptive cruise control, head-up display, keyless access with push-button start, DVD navigation, XM Satellite Radio, OnStar, a Bose premium sound system and heated and cooled seats.

Hello,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the XLR Net. Very cool that you're from DC. I used to live in Reston and Sterling 6 years ago. :blinzel:

You should get one!! I had a 2004, sold it, and immediately had sellers remorse.. I now have a 2006.

I've owned a lot of sports and luxury cars and it is by far my favorite.. The price of a used XLR does not begin to reflect the quality!! :cool:

You should get one!! I've owned a lot of sports and luxury cars and it is by far my favorite.. The price of a used XLR does not begin to reflect the quality!! :cool:

HOW TRUE... HOW TRUE!!! By all means, you SHOULD get one!!

HOW TRUE... HOW TRUE!!! By all means, you SHOULD get one!!

I plan on it. When I first heard they were going to stop making them, I got cold feet. Fear of locating parts, and I am not mechanically inclined at all.

But the overall appearance and the sheer beauty keep sucking me back in, like a moth to the candle.

I am rather fond of the Blue, and they didn't make many of them, so am holding out until I find just the right one. Second choice would be a Passion Red Limited Edition.

Then you throw in the V versus regular argument...and well it will take me awhile just to make my mind up.

My wife says I have to save my pennies, so I guess time is on my side. :lol:

I plan on it. When I first heard they were going to stop making them, I got cold feet. Fear of locating parts, and I am not mechanically inclined at all.

But the overall appearance and the sheer beauty keep sucking me back in, like a moth to the candle.

I am rather fond of the Blue, and they didn't make many of them, so am holding out until I find just the right one. Second choice would be a Passion Red Limited Edition.

Then you throw in the V versus regular argument...and well it will take me awhile just to make my mind up.

My wife says I have to save my pennies, so I guess time is on my side. :lol:
Most definately... all in due time. I am fortunate as I own a collision repair shop and was able to find one to rebuild. What an automobile!!!

As a long time Corvette owner I must say that the XLR I own gets more questions and looks than any of the 23 Corvettes that I have owned.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom